Questionator Questionator 26-30 134 Answers Mar 20, 2012

Question of the Day

Adult prostitution is a ridiculous "crime" if an adult person male or female wants to sell sexual services and an adult person wants to buy sexual services, where is the crime? Make it legal, make it safe and tax it like any other entertainment service, when will Americans cease to feel the need to legislate morality and when we will stop behaving like pilgrims when it comes to human sexuality?

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I agree , you said that very well . same sex marriage is something I rally for also .

Best Answer

the act of soliciting is a crime. I agree that sex should not come with penelties. Yet I know that women and men in the sex industry are most likely not there out of love for thier career. That being said. Most of the people suffer with serious mental issues. Make is safe sure. Keeps pimps and drugs out of it. Maybe then you could have an argument. Make sure children are not being exploited and the people are safe. Much more to the issue that it's just sex. Weed however..........just a f'n plant

Best Answer

The big problem comes when the person who is selling the product isn't doing it of their own free will. The only way to stop trafficking is to allow prostitution and regulate it so that no one can hide rape.

Best Answer

Agreed!

Best Answer

Prostitution. OK It's sort a of legal here in th UK it's how you "do" it the illegal. NOT allowed to work in brothels, advertise or offer services. PLEASE UNDERSTAN I not saying i agree with it but it happens and it just seems immpossible to stop so it it were legal then at least there is some control and of course then taxable.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

prostitution is legal in australia and brothels have to adhere to strict standards of health and safety I think offers the women a bit more protection

Best Answer

exactly. Making something illegal shouldn't be done because you don't want it to happen, rather the effects of it being legal or illegal should be considered, and the best option for civilized society chosen.

Best Answer

I don't think so, it's best if it stays the way it is. My dad had a little fun. My parents are currently in a divorice. Guess why.

Best Answer

Sorry about your parents but legalization of prostitution would not change the reasons why people use prostitues.

Best Answer

HUH to 'offers the woman a bit more protection" what about the guys protection, they can get STD not just woman.
Anyway I would rather see a prostitute in Australia then take the change to pickup a woman in a bar. The pro would be much cleaner as they have laws to stay clean.

Best Answer

OK OK It seems we all agree the legal brothels offer more/better for the girls and the clients. Just for the PC crowd the guys and there clients. All i was sayins is if you can't enforce a law like prostitution then the laws should go with the flow and accept it and regulate it.

Best Answer

More concerned with things considered legal that should be a crime...

Best Answer

you can see the problem

Best Answer

Quite a few. The most obvious being the laws against marijuana, which are about as effective a Prohibition was and have come up with the same results.

Best Answer

As a lot people here have pointed out; victimless "crimes" like marijuana use and prostitution should be legalized. However don't forget that the use of harder drugs are a victimless crime as well. So not only should marijuana become legal, but all drugs. Hard drug use, like alcohol (which fits many features of a hard drug as well), can be very destructive, but it's not the role of government to tell people what they can and can't do with their bodies. Drug addiction and abuse should be treated as medical issue, as is done with alcohol, not a criminal justice one. Using the same logic that some prohibitionists have toward hard drugs, junk food should be illegal as well.<br />
With that said, ALL recreational drugs should be legal for adults and regulated so that kids can't get them. Right now it is much easier for a middle school student to get cocaine or heroin than it is to get alcohol. That is a a quite troubling fact that should worry any parent. Prohibition not only makes it easier for kids to get, but the bad quality of black market drugs makes it much easier for misuse and overdoses; compared to if the quality and dose was was regulated by the government on the legal market. That's why many people from the 1920s were dying from that bathtub moonshine from the black market. The same is true today for many illegal drugs. <br />
Some folks might think that the harder illegal drugs like cocaine and heroin are too dangerous to have legal, but this is simply nonsense. Alcohol kills 8-10 times more people than every illegal drug combined. Not to mention it is the number one drug indicated in traffic fatalities and murders. Also as bad cocaine and opiate withdrawal is, you can't die from it. You can die from alcohol withdrawal (dts) and it's far more toxic on your liver. That doesn't mean alcohol can't be used responsibly, but it definitely has as high of a abuse potential as most other hard drugs.<br />
Prostitution, too, should be legal and regulated. Black market prostitution makes everything much worse just like the black market is with drugs. STDs among illicit prostitution is high where as STDs among legal regulated prostitution in places like the Netherlands is lower than anywhere else on Earth.<br />
I think The Universal Declaration of Human Rights should be updated to include the right of people over their bodies, to do with their bodies as they want, and have the right to consent to any activity with another consenting individuals. When you allow the state to regulate private morality and acts that don't harm other individuals you open the road to a police state; which is exactly how America has been evolving ever since the government started the failed war on drugs.<br />
The term "victimless crime" is sorta an oxymoron unless it's formatted as victimless "crime". Because a crime can only be a true universal crime if it has harmed someone, eg. murder, assault, rape, robbery, ect. Anything otherwise is unjust social control.

Best Answer

"I think it's interesting the two drugs that are legal - alcohol and cigarettes, two drugs that do absolutely nothing for you at all - are legal, and the drugs that might open your mind up to realise how you're being ****** every day of your life? Those drugs are against the law. Coincidence?"<br />
-Bill Hicks

Best Answer

It's sad that Ritalin is legal and Opium is not.

Best Answer

Hmm.. That's tough because it's called a crime in the first place for a Reason.

Best Answer

+1

Best Answer

Have you heard of the problems with the government made drug?It is causing more health problems then what God gave us.

Best Answer

The wrong reason sometimes.

Best Answer

Smoking in public, I hate cigarettes but for some people eating and smoking afterwards is just part of a meal like a drink and a smoke is in a pub.

Best Answer

I don't smoke but I often smoke at pubs, when I go to them. Funny how that works.

Best Answer

Weed should be legalized.<br />
(They give it to cancer / depressed / Fibromayalgia patients, etc). If they can give it to them, why not make it legal. Weed isn't a bad drugs.<br />
Booze is legal and it can destroy more then weed...doesn't make sense.

Best Answer

Yes, but only in certain states is medicinal marajuana legal. And... those people are in actual physical pain. People who are depressed don't "get" medicinal marajuana. If they did, I'd be smoking it! Want to know why cancer patients in some states get it? So they can eat without vomiting. Nice way to "get" to smoke pot legally huh?

Best Answer

Tu la dis:)

Best Answer

what marijuana did for me was to open myself and stop being so painfully shy.

Best Answer

The whole government system needs a good spring cleaning. My list will take forever if I list everything that should be legalized just by using plain old common sense.

Best Answer

smoking weed

Best Answer

i have to agree with weed,it's harmless compared to booze,like they say ..with booze you loose,with dope there hope.

Best Answer

yeah.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

da only problem wid weed is dey say u can become mentally ill from bein paroind coz of weed lol x

Best Answer

That never happen to me,lol,people that get paroind are paroind all the time,not because of weed,the paroind is because you need to hide to smoke it,but once stone..all well,x

Best Answer

It depends what kind of weed you are smoking. Some types give that type of 'high', many don't. There many different varieties. Don't clump them all together.

Best Answer

I like that saying. I've never heard it before.

Best Answer

4vrUnique: I agree. It all depends what kind it is. Many are good shite and others not so good. I think some are mixed with something and this is when it causes someone to get paranoid / bad trip. Other than that, I also don't smoke and I also don't think weed is a bad drug.

Best Answer

Why you say,i've nener heard that before??i'm sorry to say weed is weed there all in the same familly,some are homegrown or hydroponic,hydroponic isalot stronger than growing outside,but weed is weed,some people get off with on puff,some other need the hole joint or two,it doesn't matter how much you smoke,people that need it no exacly what they need nd if the pot is no good or to mild,well ,you will smoke more...dig it,4vrUnique.

Best Answer

Jaywalking. I don't trust any of you to come to a complete stop at a stop sign anymore.

Best Answer

good one. it shouldn't be a law

Best Answer

Jaywalking is dangerous &amp; annoying. I mean how lazy are you to walk to the end of the block to cross the street? In busy cities you'd never get anywhere w/people darting out from between cars all day long. Lawyers would have a field day w/the injuries, law or no law.

Best Answer

It's not as dangerous or annoying as some self-rightous jackhole in a 2000lb car that can't even be bothered to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. You have some nerve calling anyone who is actually walking instead of driving "lazy". I and many other peds wouldn't jaywalk if you aholes would respect the law. We know it's safer to jaywalk...it's the only time you ever stop!
The fact is most people, and this means you, just tune out once they get in their car...you talk on your phones, drink your coffee, put on your makeup, pick your nose "cause no one can see" and change your pants. What you don't do is follow the simplest of traffic laws-come to a complete stop at a stop sign. You think it's no big deal because the world relvoves around you, and only you once your safely enclosed in your tank...Fool!!! 2/3 of you don't even deserve to drive. You're the one who's lazy! Go tell your lawyer I said he/she's lazy too!!!!!

Best Answer

Watch yourself!

Best Answer

SMOKING MARIGUANA,SPECIALLY IF IT'S FOR A MEDICAL CONDITION,FIBROMYALGIA ETC.

Best Answer

I bake with it for fibro for many people. It's a herb. Works wonders

Best Answer

sounds like a grate place 2 eat

Best Answer

I tried making brownies once, it didn't turn out. What's the secret?

Best Answer

Prostitution, Weed and Magic mushrooms.

Best Answer

Now your talking:)

Best Answer

what ever the hell their holding julian whats his face with... not his fault the government have secrets...

Best Answer

Agreed. Julian Assange is a Global Treasure, not a criminal.

Best Answer

seems to me the only ppl who want him held and silenced are polititians... not one civilian i've heard agrees with his treatment...

Best Answer

check out Abdulelah Haider Shaye too. He uncovered corruption in the Yemen govt he's the most reliable source of info we have from the middle east. Until he reported the US cluster bombing civilians and blaming Yemen government.
Now he's being tortured in prison after a sham trial at the request of the US government.

Best Answer

rapist

Best Answer

or is that the fabrication their using to hold him sharpy.... funny what the ppl who want him silenced can dig up at the opertune time... paid a mole to lie more like...

Best Answer

nude, I think it should be legal to walk around naked.

Best Answer

Prostitution (in those backward places where it is still a crime).

Best Answer

The ending of intolerable suffering where there is no cure. We Are steadily moving towards `assisted suicide` but not soon enough. It is prehistoric to allow suffering under the guise of `it being in the best interests`

Best Answer

Prostitution~What's wrong with getting paid to have sex?<br />
We all sell ourselves in some form.<br />
How else did you get your job or end up with the boy/girl friend?

Best Answer

My job came from education and experience. My wife came from attractiveness and compatibility. No money was involved, until we married....lol

Best Answer