My husband was in the military, I was a stay at home mom that didn't work much outside the home. I had many good friends over the years but with many moves have lost touch with many. I just miss having a good friend to go do things with or to confide in.
seekspeace seekspeace 46-50, F 15 Answers Feb 3, 2009

You are not alone, I actually have people/co-workers who say they are but they always stab you in the back. The only friend I do have is my 7 yr old granddaughter. I have no friends at all.

Best Answer

Yes! That is precisely my problem and has been for years. I have work friends and almost ZERO other friends. Part of it is I'M TOO TIRED - so I end up working and doing errands/going to gym and sleeping. Then Monday starts all over again. <br />
How can we make friends in this busy, hectic, demanding life?

Best Answer

YES! I used to have several close friends, and now, at age 47, I miss that! I have a couple I consider closer than others, but they don't live in the same city I do, and we really don't get together. I want someone I can call in the middle of the night, or have a girls' night out with, or whatever......

Best Answer

absolutely. I am a widow, and my married friends are busy with their families and other married friends. I m iss having a girlfriend I could call in the middle of the night, and go to moview with. It is very lonely.

Best Answer

I have friends who I've known for years. We rarely see each other anymore even though some of them live in just the next town over. I just don't have time! My live-in boyfriend is my best friend. We enjoy every moment of our time together, he knows most everything about me (and me about him) and he is my world. <br />
Sometimes I miss having a "girl friend" - but I'd be a really ****** one, because I just don't have the time or desire I need to keep a close relationship like that going.

Best Answer

Im not middleaged nor am I a woman but i too used to have alot of friends but the older i got the less i had.I think peoples lives just take them in different directions.My mom is middle aged.She has been on my case since i have moved back to town i think she is always in my business becouse she too doesnt have any friends. I feel sorry for her , she has accomplished alot in life but i think her personality anymore prevents her from having friends

Best Answer

Not me. I have more friends than I could possibly stab in the back.<br />
I'm joking, of course. It does seem like this happens as you get older. For me, it is because of all the responsibilities that have taken precedence over staying caught up and socializing. It becomes an "out of sight, out of mind" thing. You get so busy with what it takes to work and raise kids today that there isn't much time for anyone else. When you lift your head for a breather later in life, everyone has gone down their own path. I'm seen this happen and just became content with making new friends.

Best Answer

That is my situation. Everyone loses touch and it is very hard to find good friends these days. Try going online and talking to people that's how i made some new friends and i got a pretty good b/f off a dating website haha lol so.. ya never know give it a try. goodluck!

Best Answer

I have been like that for far longer than I care to admit.....I have a good friend from childhood...But messed that friendship up by allowing her to share my hubbie....That was when I was very young...and I though that was what he wanted.....It got to the point that she wanted to replace me as his wife.....<br />
But most of the time I have just made real bad picks...The last woman that I thought was a good friend...Well it turned out that she was not...Then she stole a deposit that I was responsable for from the store that I was working at.....I was investagated...and then fired...But they did find out that it was her...and she was arrested.....Lots of people other than me had egg on our faces.....But the damage was done....Now I do not trust many....and it is hard to make friends....So I chat....and write here on EP....But I would love dearly to have a friend to have a cup of coffee with....and share secrets....But I do not think that will ever happen...

Best Answer

I am a divorced mother of a 9 year old and I have found it very difficult to find friends to go do things with or confide in. Most women my age are married and find the presence of a divorcee rather uncomfortable in their lives, and some other are divorced with grown children starting over again. Well, I am neither, so I find meeting other moms my age who have small children very difficult and honestly quite isolating.

Best Answer

I feel your pain. Do I ever! You couldn't have said it better.

Best Answer

Yes I totally relate to you there I too am a militry wife but we are lucky and my husband works with the national guard here in our home town so we are close to his family my parents are gone and most of my siblings live n diffrent citys all of my close friends live in diffrent states and we only keep in contact thru the net. So many many times it feels like the computer is my only life line to other adults!

Best Answer

It can be the same for men. I love my family members but it's not the same as having a close guy friend. With long distance moves, life changes, I currently have none nearby and do miss it sometimes.

Best Answer

I find myself thinking that often. <br />
I have become pretty secluded with age, and since I stay home to take care of the kids, I don't get out and do the things that I used to. <br />
I don't talk to any of the friends that I used to have, and I don't know if that is because they are too busy with their lives and jobs, (all of my past friends have no children) or if I have grown apart from all of my friends. <br />
I have only kept in touch with one girlfriend of mine, and she is hard to ever get ahold of, as she is starting a new career path. <br />
I used to have several close friends, now I feel like my only real friend is my husband.

Best Answer

yes. for one reason or another, it seems like my friendships have drifted away. my circle of friends has become pretty small but at least the ones i do have i know i can count on.

Best Answer