I've worn glasses all my life. As a result I've never really worn eye makeup. Because I can't see my eyes without my glasses, and the glasses get in the way if I try to put it on with them still on. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem, and if you've come up with any sort of a solution (contacts aren't an option). I'd love to wear eye makeup beyond just mascara.
PsychoBarbieDoll PsychoBarbieDoll 22-25, F 11 Answers Feb 20, 2011

Magnified mirror

Best Answer

Don't know if they needed glasses, but I've seen quite a few who applied their make-up like they couldn't see

Best Answer

yes, you can use your fingers instead of a brush, before you take your glasses off, choose your color, aply it with your fingers from the inner corner of your eyes towars the outer corner. You can place your finger on the end of the eyebrow to decide how far out you want the make up. Of course y do all this before the mascara. Good luck

Best Answer

I lean really close to the mirror. It makes plucking my eyebrows a ***** let me tell you.

Best Answer

@underconstruction.. what do you pay for the pro make-up? <br />
i have seen flip down reading glasses, where one eye lense can be flipped down, to apply make-ep, other lens is used to see...then vice/versa.

Best Answer

It is not easy, believe me.<br />
It is harder now when I also need reading glasses...... grrr.<br />
What I do : I have a great magnifying mirror ( the one that comes with different lights ). I set it on a table in a well lit room and organize my makeup in the order I am going to apply it and put it away after I have applied it in order not to confuse it and avoid clutter on the makeup table. I apply concealer and foundation first, then pressed powder, then blush, then I do my eyes, eye shadow ,eyeliner and mascara and then I do my lips.<br />
I used to have lots of brushes and applicators but I kept losing them so I just use , a sponge for the foundation, a brush for the powder and the blush, and two brushes for the different eye shadows.<br />
Keep a qtip handy to correct little mistakes you make and try to keep it simple.<br />
For parties and special occassions I have my makeup professionally applied, saves times and a lot of headaches.<br />
Hope it helps ;-)

Best Answer

I take off my glasses,look in the mirror, and apply my make-up...just like any other woman...

Best Answer

I've worn glasses the majority of my life, but they have to come off for me to apply eye-makeup. Really good lighting and a good magnifying mirror are important. When I finish I always put on my glasses and check it, cleaning up any fallout or whatnot with a makeup wipe. Y'know...making sure the sides are even, etc.

Best Answer

Yeah, I do.. But I put lenses

Best Answer

i have a great magnifying mirror since my reading glasses are mandatory. you can get the mirrors in various strengths to suit what you need. good luck!

Best Answer

I have a very strong magnifying makeup mirror.

Best Answer