flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 26 Answers Jun 25, 2013 in Politics

What people tend to consider as 'criminally insane' or a 'sociopath' is now considered to be on the scale of a personality disorder which is considered to be a mental illness (which in my mind is up for debate but put that to one side). This is where you tend to get the really depraved murderers and real nasty criminals. Interestingly though Hitler would not have fitted in to the category of personality disorder by all given reports. So basically my answer is who knows!

Best Answer

That's a really good question. I've always thought people did evil things because they were really mentally sick. But not everyone who's mentally sick does evil things. There are degrees of illness.

Best Answer

Hitler & Co. went beyond sick and evil. No word in any language can define their deeds.

Best Answer

Both

Best Answer

Both....Evil and mentally ill.

Best Answer

Most mentally ill people are not evil. Hitler was pure evil

Best Answer

What would psychological testing of Hitler have shown? There are no categories on tests that measure "evil" -- only psychological warps.

Best Answer

Machevellian types can be very scheming and calculating in their plans, and they get others, sometimes millions in on their schemes. If they are truly mentally ill and not evil it seems that they would break down at some point and be found out.

Best Answer

Evil lives right on the edge of sanity and insanity.

Best Answer

Instead of asking that question about a man who died almost 70 years ago...maybe you should be asking that question about the guy who`s running the USA right now.

Best Answer

Yess, the USA is being run by a single evil person right now! He's so evil he thinks Jesus was right with the sermon on the mount! Evil!!! Yeee-haw!!

Best Answer

He is also the guy who has facilitated a 200 percent increase in the use of drones, which have killed thousands of people including hundreds of children.

Best Answer

We were talking about Evil..laugh all you want.

Best Answer

minus the whole superiority complex Hitler was a good leader.

Best Answer

yea that to, it just was hard to make my answer short so i thought that would cover it.

Best Answer

Some people do believe what they are doing is right while others see it as evil.<br />
So i guess he was thinking he was doing good.

Best Answer

True but warped, nonetheless.

Best Answer

I'm sure you would find differences between the brain of Gandhi and the brain of Hitler, but a person should be able to resist negativity up to some point regardless of minor anomalies. Major abnormalities are a different thing.

Best Answer

Though it's popular to view good and evil as completely relative nowadays, I believe that there are good and evil acts which, no matter how one justifies them, are still good or evil. Genocide is one of them.

Best Answer

Doesn't mental illness come into the picture at all?

Best Answer

I was watching a documentary the other night. It was kind of old, but I was intrigued by one particular message. The basic idea was that Hitler wasn't really to blame for the genocide -- after all, most of it took place near the end of the war. The holocaust, according to those historians, wasn't caused by Hitler so much as it was a hundred different people all trying to do their jobs a bit more efficiently.

Best Answer

I read somewhere that it is believed that Hitler had a borderline personality disorder -- like Jodi Arias.

Best Answer

He may have! I wouldn't doubt it at all. I just think that to blame what happened completely on mental illness simplifies things too much. And there were thousands of people all carrying it out. Anyone involved in a mass murder should know it's wrong, but in a certain setting, people get swept up.

Best Answer

The psychoanalyst Wilfred Bion writes about how people in groups tend to regress in their behaviors and thinking. They can even enter psychotic states under the psychological pressures of group influence.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Interesting. Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

Best Answer

Hi
In a court it has to be proved without reasonable doubt. If a person is thought capable of reason then they are guilty of the crime

This is why people plead insanity or balance of mind was disturbed when committed the crime. This very hard to prove either way.

bio

Best Answer

It's difficult for humanity to accept that someone who did bad things was a victim of anything. Instead, we want to believe they are "evil" and subhuman (a human couldn't surely do these things?) but ironically, it's that separating of humans, viewing some as subhuman, that led to WW2 and all the killings of people in the first place. It's only by shaking that view that maybe one day we can help people before they create such an impact on the world.

Best Answer

Hi<br />
Hitler was ill very ill was he capable of reasoning they say he had Syphilus this causes the brain to deteriorate very quickly it can be stopped if diagnosed quickly enough and treated but if left to go unchecked would eventually cause insanity.<br />
But we all know Hitler did not start like that he was a mean cold sadistic human being who knew full well what he wanted and set out to get it.<br />
Bio

Best Answer

No there are very evil people, rapists, those who murder for enjoyment, those who find enjoyment in putting fear into others<br />
That is who id define as someone who is evil

Best Answer

What?

Best Answer