A fear (or repulsion) of feces? Yea it's real. Something I suffer from. Anyone else? Please don't leave mean comments. This is a real problem! I'm not scared of it in that I think it will "get" me. More a very strong repulsion. Just seeing it makes me feel sick. Smelling it will make me gag, having to touch it, even with gloves and paper towels can make me vomit.
krool1969 krool1969 41-45, M 10 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in EP

no, but I think everyone has a little bit of that fear but not to your extent

Best Answer

Such a relief to find that this phobia actually has a name and other people suffer with it. I've had it for as long as I can remember (I'm 22) and it extends to public bathrooms then leads to me feeling unclean so I end up scrubbing in an OCD fashion. An add-on to this fear is sometimes I get scared there's going to be blood there too which makes the phobia even stronger. I've only really started taking myself seriously with this phobia as my parents or past partners - except the guy I'm with now - used to laugh or think I was making it up for attention. So to find the phobia has a name and that I am not alone is sooo much help! I'm not so much repulsed by other feces because my mum has a dog and we have a kitten that need cleaning up after, it's HUMAN waste that does it to me. My own or in public bathrooms, I won't go anywhere near a cubicle if there's even the slightest trace of it.

Best Answer

Indeed it's good to know you're not alone.

Best Answer

I've just googled the term coprophobia and they gave me picture of it...EWWWW...

Best Answer

Yea, bad idea. All kinds of sick **** if you are not careful with your Google search!

Best Answer

I guess you wouldn't want to pick up after a pet then. I have to do that and it isn't a pleasant experience but doing it doesn't affect me in the way I imagine it would you. I can't imagine anyone not disliking faeces to some extent but I guess you have a particularly strong reaction.

Best Answer

For every phobia there is a counter phobia. In other words, there are people out there who are infatuated with it. Love it. Have to have it. Interesting huh?

Best Answer

Coprophobia or Coprophylia?

Best Answer

That term would be my guess.

Best Answer

I guess I have it, too. I'd die if I ever had to change a diaper, and I gave my puppy to another family because I just COULD NOT bear to pick up her poop!

Best Answer

I don't have that fear. But I can understand how bad it would be to have it. I feel for you.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

that shouldnt be too hard to deal with unless you got an untrained animal leaving some on your floor regularly.

Best Answer

I'm dog sitting right now. One of the dogs leaves "presents" every morning, the little *****. Thinking about using a plug, but then she might explode and make a real ****** mess.

Best Answer

i cant stand a dog that shlts on the floor.....i bet its a small dog too.

Best Answer

How'd you guess?

Best Answer

those are always the "floor shlters" whether they're big dogs that still have yet to grow up, or ones that stay small, most dogs that do it inside are under 20 pounds.

Best Answer