.when customers came in we pumped the gas ,checked their oil, checked whether they needed air in their tires ,sometimes we replaced wiper blades ,sometimes we checked the transmission fluid and if it was low we put some in. We also checked the water in their batteries and filled it up when necessary.AND the last thing was we cleaned their windshield..There must be some of these still around.
555calif 555calif 51-55, M 14 Answers May 29, 2012

There are still a few around but they are privately owned mom and pop stations.

Best Answer

i work only full serve @ xtramart citco. alot of citco's and some mobils still have full serve . i live in mass alot arent around i know from customers in ny alot are all still full serve

Best Answer

Not many, there almost all convenience stores now. We use to get new tires and have repairs made at the local gas station. And they did really good work.

Best Answer

It is against the law in Oregon to pump your own gas!

Best Answer

I never heard that. Interesting.

Best Answer

They make self servive stations illegal up here in order to keep jobs up! benn like that since I got here 10 years ago!

Best Answer

Interesting too.

Best Answer

They are few and far between but yes they still do exist for right now today

Best Answer

When I was a kid gas stations would give you a mug or a even a Disney cartoon book with every fill up !

Best Answer

They don't do that here. Or my hometown but then again I'm lucky just to have a full service.

Best Answer

Yes, ,it costs more if you use full-service but I still like it.

Best Answer

Haven't seen one in the U.K. in probably 35 or more years - although my disabled friend does get helped when she needs to fill up and I'm sure many stations will do that. May be some out in the "wilds" (i.e., out of towns/cities and off motorways but I doubt it.

Best Answer

No, but in California if you have a disabled tag any station is full serve, unless there is one attendant on duty. But I have never done that because the reason I have the tag does not preclude pumping gas, and I am not a bastarde.

Best Answer

I know of one and they only pump your gas. The other day I was telling my sons about how they used to wash your windows and check oil and all that. They were amazed.

Best Answer

Haven't seen one since the one down the street closed a couple of years ago. I worked at one when I was in high school many, many years ago.

Best Answer

How many years ?

Best Answer

There was a family-owned full service gas station/self-serve station about 1/4 mile from my office. They had self-serve pumps and full service pumps both. The full service gas was $0.50 more per gallon. A lot of older people still used those full service pumps. It closed a little over two years ago when the youngest of the brothers that started it (he was 65) passed away. The family sold it off and now a KFC is being built there. I got the oil changed in all of my vehicles there for years.

Best Answer

I found one on holiday but thats the only one Ive been to.

Best Answer

I guess they're rare ,I haven't seen one since the eighties.

Best Answer

Yeah theres none at all where I live, the one I went to was like a time warp lol.

Best Answer

The gas station in my town is like that. It's nice.

Best Answer

all self serve in Aus

Best Answer

Has it always been that way there ?

Best Answer

nah. i remember a few places that used to do it..

Best Answer