And if so what do you do that makes you a gentlemen? Or ladies what does your guy do to make you feel like a lady?
sugarkate sugarkate 41-45, F 79 Answers Feb 23, 2013 in Romance & True Love

You bet. I'm old school. I rescued her from a dragon.

Best Answer

Woo hoo.. gotta love that! ;-) What woman wouldn't!

Best Answer

Stupid dragons, think they can do whatever they want!

Best Answer

my husband wont let me carry the groceries, always offers me his arm, opens doors for me, insists on walking in front of me if it's cold and the wind is blowing strong in our faces, gives me his umbrella and gets wet in the rain when I forget to bring my own, and puts my nightgown in the dryer on cold nights before bed to warm it up to name a few things, And no, I won't share him :)

Best Answer

the best :)

Best Answer

He is definitely a keeper!

Best Answer

Oh my goodness.. this almost made me cry it is so sweet.. wow! I really had no idea a man like this even existed in the world. That is so frkn sweet. He must feel he has a pretty special wife too.. I'm guessin ;-) Does he have a brother by any chance? Sounds like you were truly blessed.. or I should say the 2 of you were blessed with each other.. I always love to hear a love story! And this is one!

Best Answer

actually he does have a brother and he is sweet and fairly good looking... but I would not recommend him with you thinking he is the same. I can honestly say my sweet husband is one in a million, but I like to brag about him because if I found my love then there just might be hope for other women out there to find theirs. The good ones are out there, you just have to wait and be open when he shows up for you.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story! I am glad to hear that there are still good men out there. and that someone can find their true love. And yes.. I do hope one day he does show up for me.. ;-)

Best Answer

Did he come to you that way? I dream of such wonders!

Best Answer

honestly, I didn't look for him. I gave up looking and just started to enjoy life alone. A friend set us up on a blind date after much struggling with me. I have a three date rule. I give a person three dates before I decide whether or not I want to see them again. The first two dates I honestly thought he had some sort of mental disorder and was just waiting to get the third date out of the way to be done with him. He kept stuttering, and wiping his sweating hands. His eyes either darted all over or stared at me for uncomfortable lengths of time (Yes, I was the clueless). The third date I chose that we would go for a nature walk. When he was not sitting at a table being uncomfortable and not knowing what to do, he opened up for the first time and I saw what a wonderful person he was. The point is, good men are out there, but you have to give them a fair chance to show you who they really are. Best wishes.

Best Answer

My man always opens doors (car doors included), cooks breakfast for me on the weekends, after a double duty day has my comfy clothes laid out for me & a glass of wine, tells me several times a day that he loves me, and sings our song to me almost every evening, and spoils me rotten in general

Best Answer

Wow! Sounds like he spoils you rotten.. your very lucky to have found someone so special.. sounds like he thinks the world of you.. lucky gal ;-) So cute the way he sings your song.. sweet!

Best Answer

yes he does but then again I spoil him too!!

Best Answer

I bet you do.. I've found doesn't work if it is all one-sided.. one side become resentful.. sounds like a very special relationship.. thank you for sharing!

Best Answer

Just us single ones, you women seem to perfer guys that are ********.

Best Answer

Yeah.. i have to wonder what is up with that too.. ; /

Best Answer

We are out here! Open doors for her or older folks. Buy her sweet nothings, just because. Dance in the rain, on a warm summer day. Make her her favorite breakfast or dinner. Help her clean the house. Most of all tell her she's beautiful.

Best Answer

Wow! Very romantic.. love the final touch.. tell her she's beautiful. So nice to hear there are still good men out there ;-)

Best Answer

If you treat a guy with respect and kindness than he will treat you back with respect and kindness unless he IS a natural douche.

Most guys aren't natural douches though and well there is a lack of respect between each other today.

If you want to be treated with respect and kindness..treat the other person accordingly so, no special treatment.

That is what equality is about

Best Answer

I agree with you.. do you find that with the younger generation too? I did find one of my last long term relationships..I was the one always giving and he got so used to me giving he didn't give back.

Best Answer

There is a lack of respect but as college student there are guys who are willing to treat you like a princess. My boyfriend does this all the time. The problem might be is that your looking at the wrong guys. Place close attention to the types of guys that you get interested in, set up standards for yourself and do not allow yourself to get taken advantage of. You might either be attracting the wrong guys or getting attracted to the wrong guys. When it comes down to it..it all has to do with you. The best thing you could have done is to learn from your last relationship therefor it would not happen again with a new guy you come across to. So pay attention to personality and how they treat you, if you do not like it. Than you do not have to take it or deal with it.

Best Answer

Very wise advice. Thank you!

Best Answer

Btw your awesome! Have a nice day =D

Best Answer

Awe thanks.. your pretty awesome yourself.. ;-) and seem to have this relationship thing down pretty good!

Best Answer

mine does..its probably cultural ways

Best Answer

Cool about the culture.. and glad to hear he does!

Best Answer

Yeah there are some good guys out there but I can say that I have to agree there seem to be less and less of them. But I can say that I treat the lady I am with like a queen it's just I keep finding bad women.

Best Answer

In lieu of the way you treat a lady.. I hope one day you find a real lady that will treat you well in return. Cuz, I would really hate to see all this a thing of the past.. I know there are women out there like me that still appreciate! Just got to find them!

Best Answer

Of course as long as they behave like ladies.

Best Answer

Wouldn't be anything but ;-)

Best Answer

yes your looking at him even do with my friends

Best Answer

women are magnificent creatures. they should be adored and treated with kindness and respect. i tell mine that i love her every day. i do house work, i cook for her, i rub her shoulders and feet. i let her know that she is my world and i would surely die without her. i am blessed to have her

Best Answer

Wow! I'm impressed.. very nice!

Best Answer

Yes definitely...like my Guy. He is a gentleman.

Best Answer

Glad to hear that.. .lucky Girl ;-)

Best Answer

That I am,and thanks!

Best Answer

Yes there are few of us left. I enjoy treating a woman like a lady. a lot of men have it wrong they think there is God's gift to women. God didn't create a man for a woman God created A woman for a man. the woman is the gift from God you ladies are very special

Best Answer

That is so very sweet... I had never thought of it in that way. I bet you do treat women very well ;-)

Best Answer

My neighbor he's about mid 70's, is from the old school of gentlemen. Still holds the door and chair for his wife. If a female approaches when he is seated, he stands to greet her. He epitomizes politeness and correctness in everything. I have known him for 2years and have yet to hear a harsh word to his wife or any other woman. He also doesn't shout at ppl.

Best Answer

Ohhh what a sweetheart! Wouldn't it be awesome to find a husband like that still.. but, after I hear all these nice posts in all different age ranges, I still have hope! Thank you.. sounds like you do know a true gentlemen ;-)

Best Answer

I do not know wether men like that exist or not and even if they exist they're generally the older guys.

I think if a guy can treat every woman with respect and make her feel special by treating her like a queen.i would call that man a gentleman. :) And if a guy can do that then i should say thats a huge turn on for me :)

Best Answer

I agree.. I was impressed by some of these younger guys in their 20's that are still gentlemen tho- very pleasantly surprised as I thought it was maybe just a part of the past that no longer existed. And I agree.. that's a turn on for me too.. and I also think if a guy can do that we also treat them with so much more respect.

Best Answer

yeaa true if a guy treats us with respect we surely need to give the same respect back :) cheers* girl

Best Answer

~Cheers~ ;-)

Best Answer

Yes we are out there.

The problem as I see it is , alot of women no longer act like ladies.

Best Answer

Unfortunately true.. and I hope it doesn't get to be just a thing of the past. Get to be fewer and farther between for both sexes.

Best Answer

ii treat her with respect, i am sensitive about her feelings too, and i would do much more if she'would only let me

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that! ;-)

Best Answer

yep.. my father treated me and my mother like ladies. ^_^ but then he died last july 2012... so, one gentleman down..

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear that.. very sad. Sounds like your Father was a wonderful gentlemen. Thank you for sharing about you Father.. we need more men like him in this world.. and so sorry.. ;(

Best Answer

it's alright. he died of pancreatic cancer. at least he did not suffer long enough. what i admired about him was he "never" spilled secrets. we usually urged him to tell some of his "naughty" tales during his bachelor days. but he NEVER did, especially when it concerned his "ex-lovers" haha. My parents still have the pictures of their "ex-es". My brother, my mother and I would tease my dad about one of his former GF's pic. It said, "D_ _, I LOVE YOU. L_ _ A _ _." We would all laugh but my father would just politely smile. (Maybe he was embarassed or what haha)
one time, i told him about a married male worker (during my OJT days) who bragged about having an affair with a "student trainee". and my father told me, "What's his point in telling you girls about his extra-marital affairs? To add a feather on his own cup? Real men are discreet about these sensitive topics. Besides, if i have an affair with someone, i will never tell a soul (even my peers) because it's my own personal achievement - sort of. No point of telling the whole world."
Until he died, he never gave away the secrets. hahaha!

Best Answer

Sounds like your Dad was a very trust worthy man! And that you have very fond memories of him! He sounds like he had alot of integrity and very respectable.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry. :(

Best Answer

Yes I always open the door for them and let them enter first

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm a bit old fashioned in some ways. I open car doors unless they object, tell them how much I love them and kiss their necks....

Best Answer

So do you tell all the women you love them and then start kissing their necks? ;-) Just teasing you.. those are always nice touches!

Best Answer