pentupfreedom pentupfreedom 46-50, M 11 Answers Dec 29, 2011

people, why I'm on EP.

Best Answer

i don't understand anyone who cannot live with their born realities... like trans people and otherkin. i'm not against anyone, i just don't understand why they must put other people through their fantasies when the rest of us are not necessarily happy with reality but at least are mature enough to live in it.<br />
just to give a small example - a trans says they have to be the opposite gender (a social construct) because they are not happy with their born sex. and they get rights to do so and force everyone else to live with it.<br />
however, i'm not happy that i waz born without the same rights as males to equal pay at work. no amount of my demands to be treated like a human being and a worthy wage-earner haz ever made a crapload of difference in achieving such a small goal - equal pay to males. seriously, that doesn't require surgery or any distress to another person, yet i am still not allowed to resolve my *dysphoria* about being broker than males.

Best Answer

Good post. I am all for equal pay for equal work. In many areas/jobs, it is equal. I am not sure where it isn't, but I haven't looked at statistics. I do hear that because women who choose to have children have to go out on maternity leave, that this is a reason they are paid less. I've worked at places for many years, and seen several women go out on maternity for 4 months more than once (same person over 5 years goes out for 4 months or more, more than one occasion.
I have never sat down to think about if it's fair if they get less or not, and I don't know if they indeed got less or not. I'm just answering what I've heard about why women are paid less in some cases.
Your write up about trans people was really good. I never stopped to think about that much, but you made great points.
As for life, the one thing I've noticed is that is just can't be completely fair all the time. There are certain advantages/disadvantages for being a man or woman, for being rich or poor, for knowing certain people in places of power or in certain circumstances, for being forn with/without the level of intellect we have, or any physical attribute (tall, short, muscular, skinny, attractive, average, or not).
And, luck has a role to play in all of it too. I found its best to use what you have, work hard, and don't worry about all the little enequities because you can't do much about many of them.

Best Answer

THERES SO MUCH I DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS SIGHT,NEVERMIND LIFE! START WITH WHY ARE WE BORN...TO WHY WE DIE. I AM A CONFUSED PERSON OBVIOUSLY.

Best Answer

women. I am getting closer and closer everyday, but it's Like... the speed of light...I Know I will get closer and closer but I'll never achieve true total understanding... but you Know what?? hat's the good news.. keeps things Mysterious... surprises all around... who wants to know everything that can happen? <br />
Let's drink to feminine surprises

Best Answer

I don't understand how people can be so mean. How someone can just kick you to the side and spit in your face? I don't understand people.

Best Answer

Relationships, why do people cheat on each other?

Best Answer

mine is: why more people dont re-define the parameters of a realtionship so they dont have to cheat,.

Best Answer

a desire for someone different.

Best Answer

That is an easy answer actually. Our nearest ancestors are Bonobo's. They are not monogmous. What part of nature made us think we are supposed to be?

Best Answer