A 6 year old kid I used to watch showed me a condom and told me exactly what he was going to do with it. Of course I took it from him but it was very shocking because when he knew exactly what it was for.
weirdkid95 weirdkid95 18-21, F 5 Answers May 25 in Parenting & Family

Judging by all the teen pregnancies, we aren't open enough yet.

Best Answer

These kids know all the risks of unsafe sex and most dont care. Thats why I call them the Anarchist Generation

Best Answer

And who taught them that? They didn't just crawl out the womb like that :) Think about it

Best Answer

That's my point! Parents and guardians aren't sugar coding anything to their kids anymore.

Best Answer

I remember being in first grade and learning the woed condom from another girl, who found one on the playground (decades ago). It did not negatively affect me to know what it was. I repeated it to my mom who was otherwise the opposite of open. She hesitantly explained what it was after I told her where I got the word from (the girl already told me but I wanted confirmantion). I was glad to know, because if I had come across one at school since then, I would have not touched it and reported it. I'm sure some high schoolers probably got it on there at night. If I didn't know what it was I very well could have touched it or picked it up. This was before the boom of condom adds regularly on the tv, so I group it together with tampons and maxi pads... stuff for adults but if they are curious, be honest and serious. Don't volunteer it, but my daughter has a right to know what bloody tags hanging from a tin waste basket in a public bathroom are, and to never touch any of these things. And kids sometimes go to older siblings for this info, so not always parents.

Best Answer

Ps- if he knew what it was for (grownups) he would not have implied personal use. Sounds like exaggerated info passed on from not-so-sure classmates or older siblings/ neighborhood kids.

Best Answer

No that is totally different. You had to know about that tampons and pads. The condom was something that I think should be as explained to a 6 year old as not to be touched because it makes you sick or something clever like that. Not to basically have the sex talk with a 6 year old. To me that is being too open. Thats what I mean.

Best Answer

I didn't have to know about it until I started my period by 12. I knew about it much sooner. I don't believe in clever lies. Tell them or don't. Unless you want your kid to not trust you. Nobody said it was the kid's parent who informed him. You have toddlers with ipads these days. The little sh*t probably saw a commercial and googled it his own self. I am more concerned about teens who know what it all is, and end up having kids anyway. What's wrong with THOSE kids. Me knowing about a condom in first grade didn't corrupt me. I knew all about sex by second grade. Not hard to figure out, for many reasons. The kid is 6. He is just parroting. Like when little kids say swear words... they don't always know the meaning. There are children that age that fondle themselves inappropriately. They automatically act up and we corrext it. Can't make them live in bubbles, or when it's time for him to actually strap yhat condom on, he won't. At 6 he is not entirely comprehending.

Best Answer

Correct* that*

Best Answer

And ps- what exactly did he say? Did he repeat an intelligent sex talk as said by an adult? Or did he giggle and talk about his peepee and dry hump the air? I doubt there was a real "sex talk". Kids all know about wee wees and peepees and girls are differwnt than boys. Kissing games during playing tag, etc. What I want to know is how a six year old under your supervision obtained a condom.

Best Answer

First off he was not under my supervision at the time his was outside playing with his friends and he said it to them and I wanted to confirm what I heard and he volunteered to repeat what he said to me. I made the other little kids he was talking to go away and he was having this conversation with me as if he had already had sex before. He said "I'm gonna f*** the sh*t outta that bad jawn that live up the street." Then he pointed to the girl. When I told he he didn't need that he said "Yes I do. I gotta put that on my **** so when I nut in her I don't get her pregnant." I took it from him once he showed me it. Second, I wouldn't tell them what it was for at that age if they didn't know. Besides their is plenty of things parents lie to kids about at that age like the fact of whether or not Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy is real.

Best Answer

Look I'm sorry if your taking offense to this but I dont believe that is necessary for a child under 13 to know. We have these laws in place for a reason and people bend them all the time. Sex scences are not allowed in PG movies so we have them in PG -13 and up. I believe that is when sex should be discussed. A period a girl can get at 9 or ten so they do have that in PG movies therefore I feel as though it is okay if a child knows a little bit earlier so that they don't freak out when it comes on. Just like with dating. Would you let your 7 year old kid go out with a 13 year old girl? Common sense would say no. For me the man differences between the two is what they know or should not know about sex.

Best Answer

Oh, I really am not taking offense. It makes more sense with context of his language and what he said, which makes a difference. I higly doubt any parent told him it was for when you **** the sh*t out of someone and bust a n*t so she won't get pregnant. That is painfully obvious that some punk *ss has him saying things because they found it funny. And it would definitely not be your place to tell him one way or another, but his parents when they hear him be vulgar explain it's for adults, it's not ok to talk lile that and don't touch. I don't agree with being graphic in detail with a small child. My mom was not graphic with me explaining condoms- a conversation we would have NEVER had if I did not bring it up, but she did let on that it was of that nature and not for kids to worry about. If they ever find themselves around one, they will know they may be in a bad situation.There is no joking or playful matter when it comes to serious things like sex or drugs. So I don't put it in the same class as inventing characters for holidays and to encourage kids to be good all year or else (which is also a bad message) but sex and drugs are things they will face so either don't tell them, or be as honest as you feel comfortable- without vulgarities or making iot appealing, but also without any lies. The best thing you can do is curb their curiosity. It's unfortunate if a child so young comes across any of these things but once it has happened, making it some secret only pushes their curiosity, rebellion and secretiveness. I think we agree but in a bit of a different way.

Best Answer

And about media- there is tons of implied sex in PG movies, and even children movies have adult themes and relationships and kissing and weddings and love stories. It's not hard to figure out what comes after kissing and I agree there isn't a need for it, but we give little girls sexualized dolls with the body of women and give them doll babies to learn how to diaper them and feed them. So when you have kids playing house, they get curious and find out just what goes into that baby coming around, especially when they see no storks around when their sibling comes along. So kids are playing house and doctor before first grade. I see so many innocent pics of friends kids, and they are staged photos or sometimes candid, of the little boys and girls kissing eachother and jokes of how their baby boy is a flirt and a heartbreaker. Girls are always praised for their looks and nothing else. So it goes a bit further than movies. It's at home all of the time and everywhere else. Kids are exploring eachother in the sandbox. So just because they are too young to get pregnant/ have pregnancies, doesn't mean stuff isn't going on. So many children get molested and express this behavior amongst other kids. They don't realize what they are doing and the 6 year old boy talking like that has no way of fully comprehending consequences of sex and pregnancy. But he is repeating things other kids pick up on, and like the game of telephone, misinformation arises and we have these kids turning into uneducated 13 year olds having sex. But I so agree that child's behavior and language is inappropriate. Wouldn't be surprised if his parents were practically kids, themselves. I hear the neighborhood kids talk in a way I just know their own parents never hear.

Best Answer

All those are social constructs girls and dolls and guys n cars. And knew exactly what he was talking about. His mom isnt young either she's like 42. But she lets him and his sister say whatever. I do hear kids talk about it a lot more now. But its not just kids nowing. Its the fact that people act like that is he only thing in life.

Best Answer

Social and sexual. Sucks that the poor kid ia talking like that so young. Especially when he can kind of know but not fully comprehend what he says at such an early developmental age. Could be some things he is going through that are inappropriate, maybe even abuse. But probably older neighborhood kids influencing him poorly.

Best Answer

He said he was gonna use it on you?! XD

Best Answer

No he probably thought about it Im sure but he knew better than to talk that way about me.

Best Answer

I'd like to think it's not always the adults. Other students, as well as the media also influence them. And the children of today, grasp concepts pretty quickly.

Best Answer

Their minds are no sharper than the kids of the past, but they have their minds filled with much too many adult things far to early now!

Best Answer

Yes but the media is controlled by adults. I shouldn't have the sex talk with a 7 year old kid. He 7 For Christ sake! It's like their generation has no rules only social constructs.

Best Answer

Teens being knocked up isn't because they don't know any better, they just don't care!

Best Answer

I have to agree with every single thing you guys mentioned. It's disgusting, actually.

Best Answer

It's been decades since I was in grade school, and there were **** mags snuck in, cigarettes, condoms and tampons. Our minds were filled with stuff, too. We had 5th and 6th graders at our schools (now grade school goes to fifth) but these days they just have different ways of seeing the same stuff. No kid needs an iphone or ipad or internet. But before that, it was dad or big bro's Penthouse magazines. Or cigarettes their parents left around. Pocket knives, etc.

Best Answer

No real reason to care any more, they have the morning after pill and abortion to get rid of that little problem now, and can be ready to start all over again in maybe two weeks tops!

Best Answer

That's sad but that's how they think.

Best Answer

What was he going to do?

Best Answer

He had plans to in his words "f*** this bad *** girl that lived up the street" and that he was "gonna put the condom on his **** so [he] don't get her pregnant."

Best Answer

Were his expressions Lil weird?

Best Answer

No he said it like he had done i a bunch of times already

Best Answer

Then he is a good actor... Hehehe......

Best Answer