"We" aren't..but it seems like many people are..and it's being encouraged too.

Best Answer

Intriguing question and interesting discussion but I have to disagree that 100 years ago children had less knowledge because they left school at 14. My Dad was born in1905 and left school at 14 and adjusting for the different type of knowledge between then and now it seems to me that those who left school at 14 were better educated in comparison with young people today leaving school at 18 often unable to read and write properly and innumerate. But on a different tack this morning it crossed my mind what the effect on society would be if duelling was legalised. As women can learn to shoot as good as men I imagine the treatment of women would improve considerably. It would also be a strong inducement for better manners. Might iron out a few class inequalities too. Increase the death rate which we need and being despatched by a clean shot is a lot better than being mashed in a car crash or dying slowly of cancer. Would also get rid of a few useless hotheads and reinforce the virtue of maturity. And no. I am not a fascist.

Best Answer

We're definitely devolving when it comes to communication.

Best Answer

What's with touch screens and heated extremities? We are still evolving I think usually.

Best Answer