hmorel67 hmorel67 18-21, M 24 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Work

The very worst thing you can be when applying for a scholarship or grant for college is a white single male. And it only gets worse from there. So yes. They are.

Best Answer

Every race gets some sort of discrimination even amongst others of the same race!

Best Answer

Sadly, I run into racists of all colors.

Best Answer

Totally, there is reverse discrimination. When employers are supposed to hire a certain amount of every race, people that can actually do the job get passed over because they aren't the right race.<br />
Affirmative action is discrimination against whites

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

Not true. White women have been included in affirmative action. Only racists ASSUME that when white men don't get the job and a minority applicant does, the white man was more qualified. Affirmative action was actually a compromise, implemented instead of reparations for black Americans as compensation for legal segregation and discrimination experienced in the years after slavery (which was never compensated). With this compromise, minorities who came to the U.S. by choice, and white women, were included. White women have mostly benefitted by affirmative action; http://www.theroot.com/views/real-affirmative-action-babies

Best Answer

Good point bijoux.
And the fact is that since 1989 the Supreme Court has ruled three times to cut back or eliminate affirmative action programs at state or local levels.

Best Answer

We are all victims of our own doing.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

OMFG. The answers here. White males feeling downtrodden are seeing things from a ba<x>seline of privilege and entitlement that most minorities can't even access except through hard work.<br />
It can't be soon enough for me when this generation of reactionary angry old white guys dies off (and I'm an angry old white guy, but angry at different things).

Best Answer

This white girl thinks discrimination comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors. <br />
But no Anglo/Caucasian/Protestant/US Citizen has ever been a victim of instutionalized slavery, legalized segregation, forced internment, or genocide. That kind of injustice is hardcore, it's part of American history, and it's still doing damage.<br />
So if we're talking about discrimination let's try to be honest -<br />
Getting your feelings hurt doesn't count.

Best Answer

Not by law or custom, and as has been seen, when individuals feel they have been, they have the same legal recourse as everyone else.

Best Answer

Depends on the country, doesn't it?

Best Answer

True. Since affirmative action was mentioned, I believed we were discussing the U.S..

Best Answer

Don't get me going on another rant.....lol

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

yeah but you wont hear anything from the ACLU about it - in their eyes in only happens with hispanics,blacks,and members of other races - there is no such thing as racism in other races - its only racism and discrimination when it comes to the white people - they are the only true racists according to many people - sad but true

Best Answer

Yup. I was when I was younger.

Best Answer

More so than any other race, nowadays.

Best Answer

Explain? Please

Best Answer

Watch much TV or movies? There's "jokes" about the dorky, preppy white people, how whites can't jump or dance etc. etc.
Put a few jokes in about thieving black youths and suddenly it's not so funny.

Best Answer

Oh please ...

Best Answer

That's what they used to say when the blacks complained about all the white a-holes jabbering around on stage wearing Black Face.

Best Answer

Definitely.

Best Answer

Yeah, trailer trash seem to go unnoticed.

Best Answer

Well, America also has a long history of hating the poor, whatever race they are.

Best Answer

It can happen. But, it doesn't happen as often...

Best Answer

Sure are x

Best Answer

They are in predominantly non white areas. But that probably doesn't occur much in America...

Best Answer

It happens a lot more than you might think.

Best Answer

I didn't say it didn't occur in America did I.

Best Answer