tjschira tjschira 22-25 27 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Politics

Yes, and have no problem with the term. I believe women should have equal rights and sovereignty over their own bodies.

Best Answer

*DITTO*

Best Answer

I am a feminist ... because I believe everyone .. men and women ... should have equal opportunities ba<x>sed on their skills and qualifications.

Best Answer

Thanks!!

Best Answer

Hahaha! Is this some kind of set up?

Best Answer

Well... I always hear people say they're not feminists and then list reasons that having nothing to do with feminism i.e. "I don't think men should be denied rights" So I'm trying to see how many ppl oppose for real reasons or misperceptions

Best Answer

I know, tjschira! I just had to giggle, as this has become such a volatile playground on EP.

Best Answer

isn't it though...:P

Best Answer

Yes, because all humans should have the same opportunities and equal rights. Women's issues are everyone's issues whether we realize that or not. I want to live in a world without sexual violence, everyone to be comfortable in with who they are, whether the fit into society's ideas of what masculinity and femininity is or don't. I want women to be able to make their own decisions about their bodies, about how they are allowed to dress. I want to break free of a culture of "****-shaming" and double standards.

Best Answer

I'm a feminist. Some of my best friends are women. Until modern science can figure out a way to replace them I say we should show them some respect and equal rights. Just remember, you too can be replaced by a cheap microprocessor.

Best Answer

I'm not a feminist nor an anti-feminist. I'm just me. I kind of pick and choose what suits me best. For example, I've been accused of being a feminist because I kept my maiden name. But really it was only because I'm attached to it. It is part of my heritage and I'm proud of it.

Best Answer

Do you think you deserve the same rights as men

Best Answer

Absolutely of course! I'm an equalist.

Best Answer

But I also don't mind guys opening doors for me or showing chilvray.

Best Answer

Thats what feminist means though.... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

Best Answer

Yes, I know, but it's become political as of lately. I'm just not interested in it from a political point of view. I think both sexes should have rights. Guys can work in girls fields or be stay at home Dad's and women should be able to have careers. Whatever the couple decides and makes them happy. I think men and women should be working together in partnership.

Best Answer

I agree, but I guess for me it's not worth giving up the term just because people have misrepresented it. Giving up on feminism because of a few bad apples to me is like no longer calling yourself a Christian because you're disgusted by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Best Answer

Yes, I see what you are saying. I guess for me it doesn't really affect my life. I feel treated fairly socially and politcally. I think feminist did a fantastic job and I appreciate them fighting the rights that we now enjoy. I do sometimes get upset when anti-feminists forget about when they did for them and accusing them of things that are incorrect.

Best Answer

I believe in equality. However, I do recognise someone screwed up a good thing for women in the sense of chivalry. Seems this art is almost dead.

Best Answer

Im for fairness for all sections of living creatures.

Best Answer

I'm anti-human

Best Answer

Yes and no. I'd like not being judged and/or assumed things about ba<x>sed on my gender but on the other hand I do disagree with lots of things some feminist groups believe. I'm not equalitarian either because everyone isn't equal. I think a meritocracy would be best. If you wanna do something and you're able to do it, that should be all the requirements you need.

Best Answer

No, feminism isn't about equal rights, egalitarianism is about equal rights. Feminists are about trying to make themselves bigger and better than men and they are about crushing men, morals and family values in the process. Most feminists don't actually understand this because they have been fed all the lies and they think that they are believing in equality but... try getting a fair deal in a child custody hearing if you are a man, try having a say on whether your wife aborts YOUR baby or not? What about when a woman decides to claim sexual harassment or rape? Who's gonna get the fairer deal then? I could go on and on but there isn't space. :o(

Best Answer

I believe both genders are equal under the law.

Best Answer

Is that the opposite of malenist.

Best Answer

no, ideally women would like all things equal but in reality all things are not and cannot be equal in my opinion.

Best Answer

ye i love bich's XD

Best Answer

No, l am too liberal to think some people are better than others ba<x>sed on gender.

Best Answer

You think feminists think they're better than men?

Best Answer

The feminists party here does, that's basically the only feminism there is in Sweden.

Best Answer

Feminists are generally for equality, not for making women more powerful than men.

Best Answer

Didn't jeff85 just say that?

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

I believe in equal pay for equal work, I do NOT believe in abortion on demand.

Best Answer

Yes, because equality.

Best Answer