I have two tipping ways. If I am happy with the service, I tip at least 25%. That is 25% of the total bill, which of course has taxes added, so it is really more than 25% of the actual food bill. And I don't mind at all. Eating out, is a luxury and I don't mind paying well for my luxuries. However, if I am dissatisfied with the service, I do not tip at all.

Best Answer

I believe that the word TIPS actually came into being when in some places the servers? or managers? placed a jar on the table labeled, To Insure Prompt Service. Don't take my word for this. It is a story my DAD told me, and while I loved him greatly, I have discovered in the last 37 years since he died, that he sometimes said things that were not precisely correct. LOL.

Best Answer

15%

Best Answer

hmm. ha.ha.

Best Answer

Former waitress- we have a code

Best Answer

well as long as the food is done and the service is good then YES.

Best Answer

Yes, I'm a very good tipper. I know how hard being a waiter or waitress is and how little they can make.

Best Answer

Waaaaaaay too good tipper everywhere. I remember delivery man said, people fight for your orders when you call in. No matter what I buy, I give more which I think is deserving with good service.

Best Answer

i tip very well, usually 30% or better, especially if the tab is small. i appreciate how hard it is to work in foodservice, and i feel they should be rewarded. since i am very friendly with staff, service is usually great. if service is bad, they will not get a good tip. they have to earn it, but i'm not very demanding at all.

Best Answer

Always, even if the service is bad. In the cases of bad service, I remember tipping says just as much about me.

Best Answer

yes i am because i know how much a pain it is to wait on people

Best Answer

People tip in the UK these days?

Best Answer

Fair enough. I always over tip. :-)

Best Answer

iam appeailng to everyone on here in every country. :) (hope you werent being personal) or facetious ?

Best Answer

I wasn't at all and I am sorry if you took it that way. Lived in the UK for almost a year and I love Brits. :-)

Best Answer