I have always struggled financially as a single mother with two beautiful teenage girls. I always felt sorry for myself,I would go to second hand shops to buy the kids clothes when they were small. I lost my mum to cancer 12 years ago,then last october my father died which made me realize that the sruggles I had as a single mother was not half the struggle I have had coming to terms with my parents death.material things are what they are material,I have never had them and don't care to have them and their not going to bring mum and dad back.xoxo

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No. Shoppers and buyers are fools

Best Answer

I try not to be.<br />
I appreciate and am grateful for material possessions, but not to the point where I would compromise other things.

Best Answer

SURE I am not. I don't care much how I look. Try to eat as quick as I can for doing other things. I don't buy things that are not neccessary for life...

Best Answer

More than I'd like to admit.

Best Answer

I have been known to have my materialistic moments. Who doesn't get excited over buying something new that you've worked hard and saved for? But I don't own a fancy car or designer items -- I've never seen the appeal of blowing your grocery budget on one, high status item like a pair of shoes or a handbag.<br />
So it all depends on how you define it. Stuff -- yeah, I have stuff in my life. Status stuff? Not so much.

Best Answer

No. I appreciate the gifts that are available but I don't put the acquisition of them above what I find personally satisfying. I often share or give away stuff that I do not need to others that I find satisfying.

Best Answer

nope but yes. I'm not into having things for the sake of it, as a sign of status or 'success' or to show off. I'm not into labels and such and of course there are some things i could do without.<br />
But there are certain things I love - genuinely and certain things i've grown accustomed to like my house, AC, bed, dishes, etc. I LOVE designer clothing -- NOT because it's designer & don't wanna brag about it at all!! It's because a lot of it is so freaking beautiful, creative, expresses me and fits /drapes fabulously. - BUT i feel way too guilty (and broke ha ha!) to buy it -- so that's why I started making my own (Necessity is the mother of invention ;) !!

Best Answer

Hell yeah its all about labels, loads of money and looking size 4 ;-) ...no way

Best Answer

no i am not. i just need my kids and my life is happy. i do how ever try to get them things. but i want them happy.

Best Answer

No just greatful to be alive.

Best Answer

I wasn't, but since being with my husban I am now. He likes nice things and buys lots of designer stuff. Now I guess I have a bit of a taste for it. If I was on my own though I don't think I'd be too much but I like having a really nice TV and sound system as I love watching movies and telly.

Best Answer

Not usually, no, I never crave things. But I have to say, during my kid's college tuition years, money was so tight, I felt damn right mercenary. The dollar took on this weird iconic status in my life. The holy of holies that makes bills vanish into thin air! Poof! All gone.

Best Answer

Yes, and I was wrong.

Best Answer

No, as my various ramblings today will testify...

Best Answer