Some people like boundaries, appreciate the boundaries they are given, and choose to stay within those boundaries. They get all the excitement they need within those boundaries.<br />
Some people like testing their boundaries, and feel most alive when they have stretched the limits of those boundaries to the point that they are now pushed farther out. The cycle continues as they constantly create new limitations, only to exceed them.<br />
I've noticed that the extremely successful people like to color outside the lines. I've also noticed that the extremely successful people are the most sexually diverse as well. Perhaps this is why hedonism permeates the land of the wealthy?<br />
I guess what I'm trying to say is that sexual relativity is a fact for some, and a myth to others. Its easy to tell which is which. The non-relativist will read a "true story" abound a sexual adventure and say, "Bullshit!" They're comfortable with boundaries. A relativist will read the same story and say, "good for you."

Best Answer

Good answer. So, it seems that you agree that it is at least possible to shape desires...if you want to. Or maybe the aptitude for pushing boundaries is genetically determined and thus, in a sense, so is the ability to be sensually creative.

Best Answer

I agree it is at least possible to shape desires. But I think desires are more often than not shaped by events and not necessarily by will. For example, I am strictly hetero and don't have any desire to stray from that path. But there may be some unforseen circumstance out there that could change that desire, I simply cannot imagine such a scenario is all.

Best Answer