Jennifurby Jennifurby 41-45 10 Answers Jan 12, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Define single parent? I'm divorced, so the parenting is two sided. My ex is remarried and things run differently with two parents in the household. As for me, I have been doing this mom thing with very little help for almost a decade. Having that extra set of eyes would be a great help. It isn't easy being the only one responsible for paying all the bills and juggling household duties. It would be great to have a partner in crime, so I didn't have to always be the one to remember or grocery shop alone. As for my children hating me...well that is a daily event...I was thinking maybe they were bipolar and it was determined by the time of day. My oldest, who is more of a handful than the other two...is 18. As for having a man in my life...it never works out, somewhat because of my kids. There is this territorial jealous thing that they do and they find everything wrong with anyone who is too close to their mommy. I asked why they don't mind that their father is remarried and they say they didn't like him either, but he can't be alone because he doesn't know how to act. My youngest is 12, and my middle one is 15, boys. At 13, my middle son moved in with his dad. He wanted to attend a different school, he says if I move he'll move with me. I must be doing something half way right because they hate their dad sometimes too.

Best Answer

You said the magic words, "Extra set of eyes". I fantasize about this daily.

Best Answer

I am a stay at home mom, my husband works out of town a lot, my kids tell us all the time that they love dad more! Yet I am there for them, I love them, I feed them, I nurture them, I do things with them, I disciplen them, I am always there with them, I think that they are just sick of me, but we all agree that we will always be a close family.

Best Answer

Yes it's normal but it don't last long that mean you are doing something right, trust me I know.

Best Answer

I am a single mother. It's hard, because I'm only one person with two hands and I can't take care of everything. Like, dishes, cooking my lunch/dinner, all while she's crying because she's hungry or wants to be carried, I'm not superwoman. As for my daughter hating me, she's only 5 months old. She smiles all the time and everything is funny to her. It's normal for your teen to hate you sometimes. You're the parent, and if they don't get what they want, they don't like you. Now if they get what they want, then they love you. What do you expect? They're teenagers.

Best Answer

I s totally normal....no worries

Best Answer

I have been a single parent of a 35 year old male for h whole life-think he used to hate me but loves me now. Your problem shall pass and its normal unless there is violence and disrespect-it will be okay but if it gets too bad seek counseling.

Best Answer

No violence thankfully. I will not tolerate violence. She is, at least, respectful of that.

Best Answer

I am, my two teens are boys, I get along with them both really well. They like me, and I like them. Was wondering if you have a daughter - I hear there would normally be tension in that situation.

Best Answer

Yes. I had two but the eldest married at 16 to "be free". Isn't that just the silliest thing you've ever heard. Marriage equating to freedom...

Best Answer

Ha! Yes, oh, the lessons she will learn ;) Anyway, I do hear that it's harder between daughters and mothers, single or not. Hang in there, we eventually do regain respect for our mamas :)

Best Answer