What is an "american patriot" anyway. I am trying again, I said a bad word and EP put it in mature topics. RUDE.
oreodairymilk oreodairymilk 31-35 21 Answers Mar 11, 2013 in EP

Seeing what this country really is instead of blindly following, then wanting to change it at the foundation up, that's what it is to me. Accepting every gender and variations thereof, accepting every religious belief or no belief, accepting every race and ethnicity and their freedom to live the way they should without hindering and hurting, that's being a real American to me.

Best Answer

Agreed!

Best Answer

I like this. :)

Best Answer

I am so very happy to be an american , it's the privaledges we have like freedom of speech , if we don't have that we can't speak our minds. I'm proud of the men and women that fought and still fight for this freedom of ours that we take for granted all to often.God Bless them all!

Best Answer

Do you know that the US isn't the only country where you can speak freely? It may come as a shock, but it's true!

Best Answer

True! I actually talked freely in Canada once and nobody arrested me.

Best Answer

I am a true American. I am Native American, a military veteran (Viet Nam), appreciate the choices allowed me and believe the way I choose. <br />
A Patriot? Yeah. A patriot will stand up for their country, defend their country and question their government to keep it strong.

Best Answer

I am a true American and a patriot. I am always proud that I’m an American but not always proud of the path chosen by my leaders. I speak my mind when I believe that path is wrong. Being a patroit dictates that I do that.

Best Answer

Not an American, but if I were I wouldn't be proud of it. <br />
I'm a Norwegian (and proud of it)

Best Answer

I used to believe in America until we got this latest joker. Now I've lost faith in this country.

Best Answer

What about the joker before him and the one before him? You can't stop believing in something if you don't get what you want.

Best Answer

Well the joker before him was an imbecile nobodys going to argue that but at least GW Bush wasn't running the country like a gangster.

Best Answer

Oh, I beg to differ with you... He and Chenney ran it like a gangster and then some.

Best Answer

Ahh not really.

Best Answer

OK, how about this..
http://www.thelangreport.com/behavior-doesnt-lie/george-dubya-bush-american-gangster-1/
His administration has been referred to as the “Bush Crime Family,” and even though it might appear to some as a tongue-in-cheek phrase, it is not. As of January 18, 2005, scandals in his administration came to a grand total of 34! …..and that is just for the "first 1000 DAYS” of George Bush's presidency!”

Best Answer

Democratic Talking points not substantiated by any facts. Every President who held the office had Dirty Laundry but this one has dragged us into financial ruin.

Best Answer

Well Steve, I think we could go back and forth like this all day. I’m going to say it was George Bush that caused this financial crises to begin with and you’re going to deny it and blame it all on Obama. Right?
But before we get into that let me ask you one more question about Bush. Do you believe that Iraq had anything to do with the 911 attack or Osama Bin Laden?
Do you believe that we should have gone to war with Iraq? And lastly, do you listen to Rush Limbaugh?

Best Answer

Democratic Talking Points? No… Bush was the real deal gangster alright. On June 10th of 2008, 35 articles of Impeachment were sent to the House of Representatives. The House voted 251 to 166 to refer the impeachment resolution to the Judiciary Committee. Bush missed impeachment by the skin of his teeth due to his 2nd term ending on January 20, 2009 rendering impeachment proceedings moot.
And hey, this was no “BlQw JQb" Impeachment.” This was pure Gangster let me tell you. The 35 articles of the impeachment resolution contained charges that far exceeded the ridiculous Bill Clinton impeachment. They related to, as follows; misleading charges to prepare a case for the Iraq war, the Valerie Plame affair, creating a false case for war with Iran, illegal capture, improper use of signing statements, failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas, the 2004 elections, Medicare, Hurricane Katrina, global warming, and 9/11. It is true he was never convicted, but Isn’t that like saying Al Capone wasn’t a gangster because he was never convicted of bootlegging and murder. He was just a Tax Evader?
Yea, he most DEFINITELY ran it like a gangster. You were there. But of course if you were tuned into Rush, well … Forgetabout it!

Best Answer

The one thing I've never understood about Liberal Spin Doctors is that they think conservative voters like myself and others get every piece of their information from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh the truth is I can't stand them because they're blow hards. The only ones I can tolerate are Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck because at least they reported real life improprieties with the Democrats..

Best Answer

Oh dear Lord in Heaven… Steve! You really tickle me. Thank you buddy, I needed that belly laugh. Sean Hannity and GLEN BECK! Beautiful. Listen my friend, I know you’re a good man cause I checked your profile out. I always like to do that when I run across "special cases" here. Plus, it keeps me grounded &amp; makes me think twice about just going off on some poor soul.
So, let’s just agree to disagree and leave it at that. You are a good man... I know you love America as much as I do, however misguided I think you are. Go in piece my friend... I enjoyed the banter and the laugh. Thanks again, Steve…Sincerely!

Best Answer

welcome

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

That's ok.

Best Answer

not american.<br />
aside from that i have no love of blind nationalism.<br />
i'm not proud to be British - it means I take a share of the blame for everything the government that acts in my name does for not having overthrown them yet.<br />
i'd like to think if I was American I would feel the same... possibly even more ashamed because the worst of their atrocities are ongoing or recent so I have a much more 'intimate' experience and knowledge of it.<br />
It is a great culture in many ways though... see Hollywood, fast food, hip-hop, jazz etc.

Best Answer

I’m sorry you're not proud that your British. I’m mostly decedent from Great Britton and I’m proud of that heritage. It was an Incredible Empire. Not perfect, I grant you. But certainly something to be proud of.
Also, If you don’t mind me saying so, I think you may have short changes the USA on some of its contributions to the world.... I’m thinking more like The Wright Brothers first successful Airplane all the way to Space Exploration, the Moon Walk, the Mars Rovers, Medical breakthroughs with Polio, Small Pox, Automobile mass Production, The Model-T, Contributing to the fall of the Iron Curtin.
And one of my favorites…. Coming to the aid of Great Britton as well as numerous other countries during WWll.
Oh, yea…and Hollywood, jazz, hip hop, and fast food!

Best Answer

Oh yea, one more thing...My sentiments arn't Blind Nationalism... My eyes are wide open. Try it my british friend...

Best Answer

its a fine view point - but i am inclined not to attribute the achievements of fine americans to their nation as a whole, or its government, which is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent children and supports the oppression and abuse of people in regimes such as Saudi Arabia and Israel. a situation which is ongoing today...

Best Answer

i didn't mean to be derogatory by suggesting Hollywood, jazz, fast food and co. These are very important parts of of our culture...

Best Answer

Not by the definition being passed around nowadays. For some reason, a bunch that call themselves teabaggers think they are the only true patriots. Sadly, they are too dumb to know what they are even talking about.

Best Answer

What is a patriot to you?

Best Answer

Sounds familar Tony... Before them it was the Neocons. Always ready to define "Patroit" but the first ones to shout you down if you wern't a "follower"!!

Best Answer

A patriot to me is a person that participates in our democracy, then accepts the decisions of the majority. A patriot would never try that old "I didn't get my way, so I'm taking my toys and going home" routine.

Best Answer

That's respectable.

Best Answer

Yes, true blue through and through.....

Best Answer

You should get to a doctor, something is wrong with your circulation.

Best Answer

Different strokes for different folks is what come to mind right now........Look up patriot, since you don't know the definition !

Best Answer

I want to see what people themselves think it is.

Best Answer

You ever notice how all the main characters in that movie the patriot are foreign. Being a patriot is s lot like that.....make up and mirrors.

Best Answer

I see.

Best Answer

YES...unfortunately in liberal talk I am nothing more than a lowly terrorist...

Best Answer

but you didn't say what it is.

Best Answer

What makes you a patriot and not a lowly terrorist

Best Answer

I am a constitutionalist...I believe that our forefathers wrote this document and the amendments to stand the test of time...Yes it is a living document...but it has been beaten and tattered to near death...I live by the constitution...Day in...Day out...THAT is why I call myself Patriot...

Best Answer

it aint much if it aint dutch

Best Answer

lol awesome

Best Answer

I am as American as Apple pie...........Oh wait?

Best Answer

I love apple pie, but I love apple crumble more. :)

Best Answer

Hahah, my favourite is key lime tart, or is it pear and almond flan ? Or is is Pommes a la Normande ? :O

Best Answer

YES <br />
I am one proud<br />
AUSTRLIAN

Best Answer

I love Australians.

Best Answer

I used spell check

Best Answer