PinksWoman PinksWoman 61-65, T 7 Answers Oct 21, 2012 in Community

Oh yes . I work on mine daily . I love being under the hood of my Mustang . Supercharged , & has a cold air intake . & Cherry bomb exuast . New brakes . & quite a few other things . I work on cars daily tho . Autocolision technition . :) Soon to be High performance technition

Best Answer

I applaud you, keep current and don't be afraid to invest in equipment. Even twenty years ago, quality technitians were earning six figure incomes, and the best of them concentrated on drivablility problems for the everyday customer

Best Answer

Of course. Muscle cars are easy to work on.

Best Answer

A few wrenches and two screwdrivers and you could pretty much take them apart

Best Answer

The only real speciality tools necessary would be a torque wrench and wheel puller...I love my Chevy!

Best Answer

I suppose I don't have to tell you to hang onto it.

Best Answer

After 14 years...I think not:)

Best Answer

it's all changed.....<br />
New car engine's and transmissions are almost impossible to work on unless you have access to the diagnostics, even then its a bulk part swap........ So gone are the days that you could get by with feeler gauges, bits of wire and such.... so sadly no... I do have an old truck that I use for the dogs and plowing that I can kind of work with but everything else is verboten..

Best Answer

everything on modern vehicles is monitored and controlled by onboard computer systems, Cadillac had seven independent systems back in the 90's

Best Answer

Its not so easy to do these days you need lots of expensive equipment and things are so cramped together you got to take a lot of things off to get at parts. Cheers!

Best Answer

On my 2 older vehicles I can... but these new vehciles you can't even touch them without a diagnostic machine

Best Answer

very true, I started as a wrench in the mid 70's, became a mechanic in the 80's and a technician after that. Retired in 2000 because the owner of the shop was too cheap to spend money on equipment and education. Even I can't work on my own car these days

Best Answer

I owned a new audi once. Always service cars & do minor repairs myself, but everything I did on the audi had to be programmed by software. Decided to get an older car and never looked back!

Best Answer

wise choice, actually

Best Answer

Depends.on what it.is

Best Answer