I was adopted at birth in Ohio and it is a closed adoption. I know there are ways about it, but i'm not sure how. I really feel meeting them can benefit me, if its a positive situation. I understand it can be negative, but i feel its extremely important i at least attempt to meet my birth mother. Its like this hole that can never be filled, i always feel like no one understands me and i'm jealous of people who have a tight family. I'd like to hear about other peoples experiences, how they felt about being adopted, whether they searched or not, etc. My parents are the ones who raised me, and i do realize this. I understand some people never felt the need to meet them, but i have depression and a couple other things going on that I feel meeting my family or finding out information on our background could really help me. That. and i've always wanted to meet someone like me. i'm so hoping she has at least something like me in her qualities
glitternglamxo glitternglamxo 22-25, F 12 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I wish.

Best Answer

You don't know how I wish I were.

Best Answer

I am but only a little while ago... and even my baby sis is 4 now so she does know that it's not her real mother...

but I'd say the situation is entirely different... our oldest sis adopted us... allmost 4 years after mum passed away... and we spent some time in fostercare... so guess that's the best that could have happend...

but I can kind of relate... never new my father... but I know his name is in our birth certificates and he was informed that he got twins... but up until know he didn't care...

and cs either deemed him not fit or he didn't care cause he wasn't an obtion after we lost mum...

kind of left me with, I don't care who he is... the only thing I'd like to know is if we have a genetical risk to anything...

Best Answer

I'm not adopted...but the only real life cases I know personally of someone meeting parents they had never known weren't happy endings. You should be aware how likely that really is even if you find them. They may not be interested in knowing you..or....after meeting them you may find that you'd rather not have known them.

Best Answer

Honestly, I'd love to have like a "pen pal" type deal. I really really am more interested in pictures and family history. and i have some questions. but meeting them is really not what im after.

Best Answer

They are people though and may have other things in mind. They may want to be part of your life all the way..Or some having not told their loved ones....might be horrified to be contacted and fear being outed. Or..they could just be the sort of people you don't want to know your are genetically connected too. They could be anything...and that's the risk you'd have to prepare yourself for i you can find them.

Best Answer

My mother is my blood mother but when I was 9 her husband adopted me.

Best Answer

wait....what? this is confusing.

Best Answer

In 2006 my mum got married. My biological father stepped out when I was a baby. In 2008 my mum's husband adopted me, making him legally my father. Which also means if they get divorced he can get custody of me.

Best Answer

hmmm...ever think you were stolen then sold to a family with more money? you said it was closed...your birth family might not have been the worse people on the planet. good luck at your search.

Best Answer

No because, i was born at the hospital my grandma worked at and she told my parents about me and thats how i got adopted in a quick summary. My parents tell me little facts about them every now and then but they are very vauge. I guess my mom was a young nursing student or something idk.

Best Answer

is she your biological grandma?

Best Answer

no shes my moms mom, my mom who adopted me. She worked at that clinic. honestly knowing my family i wasn't sketchily bought that way. I have stuff from the hospital too...like all that.

Best Answer

i think you should find out what agency you were adopted through, and then find out the agency behind the agency if there was one. with adoptions theres alot of paper work, and you would have to go through legal documents. theres only 2 ways either your birth mom went to an agency while she was pregnant, or lets just say the worse you were taken from the hospital by an agency and put up for adoption. you would have to go through the legal adoption records.

Best Answer

yeah. i dont know how it works.

Best Answer

you would have to ask your mom. she would probably know, she may even have those documents saved and put away somewhere.

Best Answer

No, but good luck in your search. Where in Ohio, do you know? I lived there til I was in my 40's and might be able to point you in the right direction

Best Answer

I live in the Cleveland area, but was born in Alliance.

Best Answer

ok I actually lived in Alliance in the '80's
was the hospital in Alliance? Getting little bits of info from other answers

Best Answer

message me for details lol not posting all that stuff.

Best Answer

yup.. i was adopted.. met my biological mother when i was 19 and father when i was 24.. they were both losers.. sometimes its better not 2 know.

Best Answer

yeah. but even if they were losers that wouldn't bother me because i'm kind of a loser myself.

Best Answer

i doubt that sweety. its been my experience that people that are self depricating are just being humble... plus ur gorgeous... u sure dont look like a loser 2 me :)

Best Answer

yeah well. thats what everyone says about my depression too.
"your so pretty! why are you depressed!"
or
"your so pretty! why are you so weird! just be normal"

Best Answer

yeah.. pretty people are human too.. i guess we all the have the same feelings and doubts..i happen to like weird tho.. i like people that arent afraid to be themselves.. i say crazy stuff all the time just 2 see peoples reactions... cracks me up. lol

Best Answer

I was adopted at the age of 3 months, in February, 1950.

My biological mother was a prostitute who didn't want any kids and abortion was legal only in Colorado, in 1949.

Best Answer

You were ment to be 100% then :)

Best Answer

I was?

Best Answer

I don't think so...

Best Answer

im not sure how this answers my question.

Best Answer

I believe (I am not adopted)

Best Answer

haha what made u post on my question then??

Best Answer

You simply asked/ are you adopted? It's a question (not a post)

Best Answer