e11a e11a 31-35, F 10 Answers Apr 3, 2012

I'm not afraid of people nor of leaving my house, but I have no desire to see anyone. It's not that I refuse to see people. <br />
When I was a kid, I was happy to see people I knew. I was looking forward to it. I lost that feeling in my teens. Now there are still people I like, but I have no great desire to see anyone. Most of the time I'm alone, but I don't feel lonely. That's why I feel no need to see people. Strange thing is if I happen to be with someone, I can talk normally and even joke with him. I can even speak in front of a lot of people. I don't understand myself. If I had a greater desire to see people, I'd have more friends and a more normal life. I lost appetite, too, in my teens. I've never felt hungry since. That's probably related to my social problem.

Best Answer

Yes, I am terrified of entering grocery shops and having to ask for things behind the counter. Every morning is a struggle to force myself to go out and make it to the train.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Best Answer

the "funny" thing is I can make a business presentation in front of 500 people but cannot order a burger :-)
Maybe I grew up too spoiled.

Best Answer

I have not really had social anxiety problems til the last 10 years or so, it's been a gradual process of withdrawing more & more from "outside" activities. Even routine things such as going to the grocery store have become incredibly difficult to, as you say, "psych myself up" for. It's connected, I'm sure, to the increasingly debilitating episodes of clinical depression I've been experiencing for nearly 3 decades.

Best Answer

Do you take medications for your depression? and/or get psychological help from a therapist? Has anything helped?

Best Answer

I am taking side roads if i dont want to be seen or to see any1

Best Answer

Not afraid of people, but don't like them in my way or looking at me. I'm very private, bordering on social anxiety, and I have to psych myself up to go out anywhere. I loathe crowds and "mass humanity" in general. You don't know who the hell's out there these days.

Best Answer