DMD34 DMD34 46-50, M 9 Answers Jun 20, 2012

The American government is all for change in Egypt, Libya and Burma. When Americans want change in the US the governments shut down protests with testosterone hyped cops and media manipulation. <br />
Free and open elections in the US? Not quite.

Best Answer

It was genuine at first until they allowed certain people to come into the movement and essentially deflate the agenda. If you're starting a movement, don't go to bed with the people you're fighting against.

Best Answer

It was doomed to fail from the start. Here's the movement in a nutshell:<br />
99% : "Please stop hogging all the money."<br />
1% : "LoL"

Best Answer

Since it lost momentum, yes. I'd like to see them field alternative political candidates. They had a good start and some continuing support but don't use it!

Best Answer

I'm sorry that it wasn't very well organised and allowed itself to be diverted onto side issues that had no relevance to the originally stated goals. And they also allowed in people who were more interested in seeing how much destruction they could cause than be part of something that could be taken seriously.

Best Answer

What seems unfortunate to me is that "protest" has become the language mode and often is predicated on only a partial awareness of any given issue or concern. Dialogue seems a more viable approach. There are incredible needs. I would like to understand the way others are thinking and what concerns them.

Best Answer

My only disappointment with the occupy movement is it seems to have lost fire and it is fizzling out.<br />
Cities have now passed laws and by-laws to block the movement, but am I to believe that foreigners like the Libyans, the Egyptians and the Russians have more guts, depermination and fire in there bellies to stand against what they think is wrong more that soft and obese Americans (and Canadians) do?<br />
If so, that doesn't say much for or futures under the incurably corrupt system that the American Democracy has become.

Best Answer

I'm more disappointed in myself for not giving a damn about it and politics in general.

Best Answer