Very much aware. One of many reasons never to envy, because you can't always tell what someone else's life is like.

Best Answer

I agree and also you never know when your own life make take a turn for the worse.....

Best Answer

Very true, a reason to be grateful when things are going well ;)

Best Answer

When I was 15 and just placed into a foster home after years of childhood abuse and neglect, I was told by my foster parent that I should "consider myself lucky that I was not a starving child in Africa" - This had definitely put the guilt on my young shoulders that I was better off than some and never forgot those words even years later!<br />
I believe that empathy is far more kinder than pity or feeling sorry for someone, yet sometimes you can't help but feel helpless to change things for them. Being aware is great of someone's suffering, but it is what you can do to for them that matters if you can.<br />
I hadn't a clue what it was like for a third world child as a teenager and could never relate to their plight or suffering. It just made me feel as if I was to blame for their suffering because I somehow had it better than them. Far from it, I had nothing of my own and lost all of my family and friends and this made me more aware of the feeling of my own loss than someone starving (millions of miles from me) <br />
I get where you are coming from though - Just wish that it changed some people for the better by being aware of how much better off they are than some.

Best Answer

Very much so.

Best Answer

yes...but I have always wondered, who is the person so unlucky that no one has it worse than them?

Best Answer

Yes. Everybody has a story.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yup.

Best Answer