Triundi Triundi 26-30, M 8 Answers Dec 17, 2013 in Community

i have no life, so sure

Best Answer

No. It should be made illegal under any circumstances.

Best Answer

Just another of the many reasons to go and be a hermit...if only I had the money to buy an island.

Best Answer

I don't care, it isn't all that interesting anyway. Sort of an "who cares" attitude about it.

Best Answer

Just as long as you know how absolute their harvest of you, your words, your pictures, and your interactions is.

Best Answer

I know they have access to all/everything. I knew that long ago and accepted it as part and parcel to the advent of the age of the net. I've chosen to use it, to put things out there, so I am responsible as much as they are for using it. I have nothing to hide, so I'm comfortable with it. I do understand how others feel, and for them it is an issue. Seems to me though, it may be like having your cake and eating it too...

Best Answer

There are ways to maintain privacy while utilizing said advent.

Best Answer

I hear you, it's just that I'm not as concerned with it as some. Read my life, it's an open book, look into what I do and say... I don't fear it, nor does it intimidate me. As for the financial side - it's well protected and monitored. Not a worry for me.

Best Answer

No it actually makes me angry. I consider it to be an invasion of my privacy.

Best Answer

Then I recommend using Firefox and as many privacy add-ons as you can. Also, don't upload pictures to social media sites; instead, upload them to a private image site that respects your ownership of your pictures and actually removes the pictures when you delete them and then link to those pictures on said social media sites. Better yet, host your own webspace where you keep your photos.

Best Answer

Thanks for the advise, I am using Firefox so I'll check out the add-ons. I have another example of this invasion. I recently got a spare cellphone with a new number. I have not given the no of this phone to ANYONE but I received calls and texts from companies trying to sell me sh*t. In other words, the goddamned cellphone co sold my new no !!! Apparently this is legal for them to do this in my country. The SCHMUCKS !

Best Answer

To prevent that in the future, one option is to subscribe to Abine Mask Me. The free version allows you to generate fake email addresses to give websites that then redirect messages to your real address (thereby keeping your real address under your control). The paid version allows you to do the same with phone numbers. If you ever start getting unwanted calls from someone you gave a masked number to, you simply delete that entry from the lists of numbers that redirect to your real number.

Best Answer

Thanks. 'preciate it. It's just such a pity that I have to go to such measures just to be left alone in peace.

Best Answer

No I am not. Someone got my name & phone number and decided that I would be a good candidate for a medical study, they harassed me for a month through the mail & phone. I told them I wasn't interested twice and they kept calling & then I told them they were harassing me & would be hearing from my lawyer if all contact did not stop immediately.

Best Answer

Maybe I should offer a service to improve people's privacy as much as possible online.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

There are ways to prevent it. Using Firefox and privacy add-ons is a good start.

Best Answer