undeadfish undeadfish 18-21, M 13 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in WTK

If the government kills someone for killing someone, should they not be killed as well? If it's an eye of an eye, then there would be no one left on earth.<br />
How about actually trying to rehabilitate these individuals instead of punishing them... The correct term for jail is correctional facility is it not?

Best Answer

Absolutely against. Mistakes do happen, how do you say sorry. Life should mean life, be tougher on crime. If people are of the opinion that money does not come into account if you are found guilty or innocent, I would like to publicly disagree. Better lawyers make a huge difference. Yes some crimes are truly awful, but life in prison is better for them, than killing one innocent person. Remember it could be someone you know ?

Best Answer

For.<br />
You don't deserve to live when you have denied someone else that same right.

Best Answer

Why? Have they killed an innocent person? No.

Best Answer

A good friend of mine, now deceased, was a prominent law professor in Vermont who wrote law books that denounced capital punishment. His name was Michael Mello. Mike was also an expert at first aid. I saw him save somebody's life once in a bad car accident. Anyway, I can't say that I agree with Mike. Personally, I see nothing wrong with capital punishment. (You can find his books at Amazon, by searching by author.) Bummer that he died so young.

Best Answer

against it life is precious and we do not have the right to take it away

Best Answer

I'm against it. Morally, I have faith that God will judge the wicked, and that incarceration for life is punishment enough. Practically, we have seen that the penalty is unfairly administered and that you only make it to death row if you are too poor to afford a slick lawyer.

Best Answer

I'm in favor of the State allowing the victims or the parents of the victims decide what to do with the perpetrator of the crime. I'm against the State equating its proceedings with criminal behavior. So the State should not kill people, but should allow those who were victimized to get things settled.

Best Answer

Tricky one as I dont trust the authorities lots of corruption , the ultimate injustice must be having your life taken when innocent , a mistake being made or someone setting you up , it happens and there is no going back when you are dead . I have been on the receiving end having had false allegations made against me so know it happens .If the person could be found guilty without any doubts whatsoever dont see why their life should not be terminated .

Best Answer

Against, l think it's a too easy and costly getaway for the pain the criminal inflicted on the victim's family. Rather a lifetime in jail combined with hard physical work to earn his/her life in jail.

Best Answer

Punishment is silly. Fix things so the future is safe. Yes, you will have to shoot that person. The future is damaged with that one breathing.

Best Answer

Why is it silly?

Best Answer

Punishment is a bit late in adults. You are dealing with set behavior patterns. Effective legal systems will focus on repair and prevention rather than trying to recondition people.

Best Answer

im a eye for a eye

Best Answer