Are you Liberal OR Conservative and what do you believe in and why? I know how much the internet loves to talk about politics, but I am personally very liberal because I believe the job of the government is to be the government. there is a reason why it exists and that is to help people and to run a county i believe in affordable healthcare (Because i was born and raised Canadian) and because i believe ever person should have the right to basic care and needs, and to not be left to fend for themselves when in a time of need.. I also don't like the way the American Conservative party runs things, especially the FAR RIGHT because of there ignorance and stupidity and all of the hate they spew from there mouths. but that's what i believe in, but i want to know what you believe in and why...
ECrierie ECrierie 16-17, M 9 Answers Jul 9 in Politics

Neither. I am an independent. I have views that go both ways, but just want the best solution, not whatever the party bandwagon is currently supporting.

Best Answer

HI ECrierie<br />
Liberal because we are social animals and there are lots of us now !<br />
:)

Best Answer

I get called a liberal a lot, so I guess I fall into that camp. I like to think of it as progressive. The GOP (conservatives) seem comfortable with stagnancy and will distort, confuse or outright lie about the facts concerning any issue requiring true action (outside of war). There's also a very unsettling disregard for those who need help in society. "I got mine" would be a good slogan for the party.<br />
Liberals - who are not without their own transgressions - tend to seek political and social change. Detractors like to talk about our love of entitlements and the welfare state, but a liberal is less likely to consider healthcare or the ability to buy food for their families as threats to their own positions. If we cannot move forward as a society, we can't move forward at all. I believe this is done through finding solutions and being proactive, not through penalties and disregard.

Best Answer

INDEPENDENT !! NO BICKERING :-O

Best Answer

I am a Jeffersonian Liberal

Best Answer

I am not one or the other on every issue. Most others are not either. just a few that seem to put them on one side or the other. I am an informed voter. I vote the person I feel best for the country, not just me. <br />
You seem to be one of those young fellow with some ideas. Like many others have ideas, and no way to pay for them. You want what mom and dad have given you. Its called security and comforts. Yet you do not understand the cost for this. Its your income and your freedom. If your successful it could be very costly. Most of all you have no idea the actual value of the product you get. <br />
Live on the federal medical budget and see just how poor it is. how poorly planned it is.

Best Answer

I'm a libertarian. Can you explain the nature of a right that obligates the services of some one else? In the US, we have the right to freedom of speech but I'm not obligated to buy you a megaphone. We have the right to bear arms but I'm not obligated to buy you a Glock. We have the right to not endure an unreasonable search and/or seizure but I'm not obligated to buy you a home to be so protected. <br />
As a libertarian I believe I have the right to be as absolutely free as possible so long as that freedom doesnt meaningfully limit the freedom of others. I believe that seeking support from taxpayers is immoral for all but the truly disabled and that number is very, very small. Prof. Steven Hawking can earn a living; so can most people.

Best Answer

Independent but tend to swing a little right sometimes. I do not vote a straight party line and believe that both parties have become to extreme. They both have good ideas but also they both have ideas that are bad.

Best Answer

not sure my knowledge of politics is limited

Best Answer

Hey sometimes that's a good thing, Politics are a massive mess so sometimes its best if your knowledge is limited. :)

Best Answer