I don't like it either. I wish education was socialised the way it is in other countries. But I also wish there was more emphasis on the benefits of education and more people were being raised to value it.

Best Answer

I love the anti-public education people, "these schools are ruining our kids, they're damaging to my child's chances, and they are dirty underfunded and don't teach kids anything!" Really......95% of the country seems to have turned out fine attending public schools....like almost everyone who graduates.....

Best Answer

BamPow, you hit the nail on the head here.

Best Answer

No child left behind worked perfectly, if the design was to demolish education funding by making sure the worst performing schools get the LEAST Aid. That stupid wife of his should be screamed at.

Best Answer

The people clamoring about the uselessness of public education are the ones with enough money to send their kids to private schools and/or charter a new private school so they can rake in more money. Just a new scheme to get rich in my opinion.

Best Answer

It is, why do you think For-profit prisons scare the living sh!t out of me.

Best Answer

me too. Why does the "most free country on Earth" have the highest detention stats? Scandalous, really.

Best Answer

Is California one of them?

Best Answer

Your outrage is understandable, however you're almost 40. You could have helped to stop it, but nooo.....you don't like paying taxes and electing education supportive politicans....<br />
Everybody wants good roads, safe bridges, and good education, but no one wants to pay for it, oh no....

Best Answer

Actually, I DO vote for education supportive politicians whenever possible. I support teacher unions with donations and voter support and I am proud to pay my taxes. I'm seriously considering quitting my job and becoming a science teacher, but the testing structure that has been implemented due to No Child Left Behind is stifling for teachers who really care about teaching and not just earning a paycheck. I'm just waiting for it to be done away with. In the meantime I pay my taxes and tutor privately.

Best Answer

What I'm saying is one person's disgust does nothing, a crowd's anger works wonders. Perhaps if people had been properly educated on what NCLB actually was they wouldn't have let their senators vote for it. One raindrop can't flood a city, but a billion could. The general public is so complacent they don't care. 55% of them think people being on welfare causes poverty for ****'s sake. clearly you're in the minority...I didn't mean to insult you, I'm just sick of baby boomers acting like this crap just fell into our laps when it's been going on for years.

Best Answer

I think NCLB passed because people realized the education system needed help and needed to point fingers at someone. Teachers' became the target unfortunately, rather than politicians who were not-so-secretly leaching funds away. I hope that change is on the horizon, but I am not optimistic.

Best Answer

it has been a pattern in America that I noticed while in the school system, but what we need is to cut the war as well as war on drugs, then spend some of that money on education. Another concern is that America is being kept dumb and distracted so that it never changes.

Best Answer

Our priorities have become skewed. Eventually we will pay a price for taking so much from education and forgetting you need engineers and mathematicians along with MBA's and other degrees. We had heroes who were astronauts along with athletes...what do kids today for heroes and who do they emulate?

Best Answer

Yes, It's the golden age of scamming. I am excited.

Best Answer

You guys are supposed to be a super power... Not anymore.

Best Answer

I am ill from it, it sickens me, it's outrageous and just so unbelievable. I still can't get my head around it. It makes me want to write out my outrage. Unfortunantly I stopped watching some informative shows to watch "Housewives of New Jersey" so what's worse is I am GUILTY of HYPOCRICY to talk about dumbing down with the families on this show. NO ONE seems to get it, not even I get it. It's just acceptable to be apart of it and still become outraged by it all.

Best Answer

The same is happening in the UK. Whilst the countries of the Far East and India extol the gaining of knowledge our people appear to wear their ignorance as a badge. It can only lead to one thing in the long run. They will become the advanced nations and we will become their workshops with the populations of Europe, the UK and the USA doing the jobs their better educated Far eastern populations choose not to do.

Best Answer

This is also true in UK and equally annoying that empty headed "celebrities" are given prominence over those with skill, knowledge and talent.

Best Answer

I'm more concerned about myself and family

Best Answer

Dumber the better as far as I am concerned

Best Answer

when the people around you are too dumb to get a job, they turn to crime. I hope your new flat screen TV isn't visible from the window.

Best Answer

Have a job stealing mine from Sochi

Best Answer

I love it!

Best Answer

what do you love about it?

Best Answer

no

Best Answer