jthitt jthitt 56-60, M 63 Answers Jun 3, 2012

I'm pleased & thankful...I need all the help I can get :)

Best Answer

It depends on how they mean it, if they say it in a snarky manner as if my actions are so bad that only their prayer will save me from the fiery pits of hell then it ****** me off, if they say it because they're trying to make me feel better or because I'm going through a tough time or whatever then I take it as a nice gesture.

Best Answer

I'm grateful for their kindness.

Best Answer

It's well-meant

Best Answer

I think being offended by it is a sign that someone has become overly arrogant. They have decided they have the right to decide what a person is allowed to believe in. You know what the person meant by it, they are hoping you get better. To take that as offensive really means you do not deserve the well wishes. People need to remember it was not too long ago science had recipes for mice.

Best Answer

As an atheist, it depends on the context. If someone has just found out I'm atheist and says "I'll pray for you", then I'm offended. If I'm having a bad run of things in my life and someone says they'll pray for me, I'm happy they at least have me in their thoughts.

Best Answer

I hear this as "I care about you and I want to help you~ your problem or issue touches my heart and I care" I'm pleased and grateful for divine intervention no matter what word one uses for it.

Best Answer

veryyyy pleased !!...i'll even pray back for them :)

Best Answer

I am honoured. I rarely pray. When I do it is for others. And for someone to take the time to pray for me is astounding....

Best Answer

Thankful. I feel awkward when praying for others who have unique beliefs, or a lack thereof... often I ask if they are comfortable or not. Some prefer positive thoughts, others prefer a prayer. I tend to respect their wishes.

Best Answer

pleased......praying for him/her is something good and even if you don't believe in god the fact that someone is caring for you and prays it's nice and i think you must appreciate it!!!!

Best Answer

I would be pleased if someone where praying for me, how nice for someone to think I was worth the effort.

Best Answer

Thankful

Best Answer

I feel grateful when someone says that, especially if they do it.

Best Answer

I am pleased to know theres people praying for me.

Best Answer

I find it mildly annoying. Just like religious people.

Best Answer

I bristle at the very mention of God and Jesus, but can feel somewhat grateful for the concern or compassion, depending on the situation. If they want to pray because I'm ill or otherwise in misfortune's grasp, I feel grateful that they care. If they're only praying for me because I'm not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim, I usually respond with an insult.

Best Answer

I am pleased when they seem they genuinely care and bothered when someone says it and you get the feeling they are just trying to seem nice or don't really care but feel its the right thing to do.

Best Answer

I am honored when someone says they are praying for me. Especially when it's a Priest, Pastor or any man of the cloth. Can't hurt and it's free. :)

Best Answer

id be grateful if they were praying for me. but i prefer that they are christians, and believe in Jesus, like I do!

Best Answer