Janife Janife 51-55, F 10 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Politics

Yes... I am both proud of my ethnicities ( Irish and Italian) and of my nationality ( American). Not because I think that any of them have a spottless and grand history ( my Italian side is particularly sorry for Machiavelli, we left pre-WWII and my grandfather faught for the allies, so I'll take no blame for the fascists) but because I think each portion of my heritage comes from an interesting and worthy culture. <br />
I grapple with my Americanism the most, and living overseas it earns me the most flak day to day. But this is how I feel about it, I love the USA like a child, not a parent. You expect a parent to do the right thing, and when they don't you blame them for it, and you attempt to distance yourself. But with a child, you understand that their actions are a reflection of your stewardship, and their failures demand that you redouble your efforts and push morality all the more vehemently. That's how we should love our country, I think. Not for the things it has done but for the potential it holds. And that's a potential I am proud of.

Best Answer

not proud.... I never understand how people can be proud for something that they have put no effort in, but something that just happened to them (like being born in a particular location)<br />
I am grateful to be Dutch though... the Netherlands are prosperous, tolerant and open minded... they are also creative and innovative when it comes to international trade and commerce....<br />
...so I'm grateful to be born as a part of that.... and grateful to contibute to all those core values and principles....

Best Answer

I am a mix of many nationality's and I am proud of the fact that I do not consider one better than the other but I am not proud of the way my ancestors treated the native Americans when they came here I on the other hand have tried to transcend this type of thought but I do admit I have good days and bad days

Best Answer

Yes, l am proud of both my Finnish and Swedish heritage. Although l'd rather identify myself as a Finn than a Swede judging from the current events in these countries.

Best Answer

Yes..I am proud of being an INDIAN which has a Long History and a great culture of several millenniums aspiring the universal fraternity.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

I never felt shy to say i am from india tht makes me proud always i am not ashamed of anything in my country

Best Answer

Im proud of my country and my race, we fought of Empires from every corner of the Globe, and we have a georgous country landscape with good people and minds

Best Answer

Which country are you talking about?

Best Answer