Janife Janife 51-55, F 10 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Politics

Yes... I am both proud of my ethnicities ( Irish and Italian) and of my nationality ( American). Not because I think that any of them have a spottless and grand history ( my Italian side is particularly sorry for Machiavelli, we left pre-WWII and my grandfather faught for the allies, so I'll take no blame for the fascists) but because I think each portion of my heritage comes from an interesting and worthy culture.

I grapple with my Americanism the most, and living overseas it earns me the most flak day to day. But this is how I feel about it, I love the USA like a child, not a parent. You expect a parent to do the right thing, and when they don't you blame them for it, and you attempt to distance yourself. But with a child, you understand that their actions are a reflection of your stewardship, and their failures demand that you redouble your efforts and push morality all the more vehemently. That's how we should love our country, I think. Not for the things it has done but for the potential it holds. And that's a potential I am proud of.

Best Answer

not proud.... I never understand how people can be proud for something that they have put no effort in, but something that just happened to them (like being born in a particular location)

I am grateful to be Dutch though... the Netherlands are prosperous, tolerant and open minded... they are also creative and innovative when it comes to international trade and commerce....

...so I'm grateful to be born as a part of that.... and grateful to contibute to all those core values and principles....

Best Answer

I am a mix of many nationality's and I am proud of the fact that I do not consider one better than the other but I am not proud of the way my ancestors treated the native Americans when they came here I on the other hand have tried to transcend this type of thought but I do admit I have good days and bad days

Best Answer

Yes, l am proud of both my Finnish and Swedish heritage. Although l'd rather identify myself as a Finn than a Swede judging from the current events in these countries.

Best Answer

Yes..I am proud of being an INDIAN which has a Long History and a great culture of several millenniums aspiring the universal fraternity.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

I never felt shy to say i am from india tht makes me proud always i am not ashamed of anything in my country

Best Answer

Im proud of my country and my race, we fought of Empires from every corner of the Globe, and we have a georgous country landscape with good people and minds

Best Answer

Which country are you talking about?

Best Answer