Very. I feel a deep connection to the world around me, even to people I don't know. My path through life is one that aims at self-perfection and enlightenment. It is a constant internal battle with myself to better myself to rid myself of fear and to build in more compassion.<br />
Far from doing this to satisfy my ego I'n very aware that my ego is the problem. Between me and the world and reality as it is is my ego. <br />
The constant temptation in life is the temptation to do things your way and to be yourself which actually only really serves to distance yourself from the world and from other people. This leads to you seeing the world not as it is but as you want to see it. It makes a lot more sense to learn to adapt and harmonise with the world, to learn its ways rather than to follow your own, which only serves to create conflict.<br />
So this is very much a process of turning inwards, of challenging the self, analysing the self and correcting the self, in fact the goal is to destroy the created self so that all that is left is the true self. It's the opposite of what most people do. "I will do things my way" seperates you from the world and reinforces the ego. "I don't like the rules" reinforces the egotistical belief that you are special and that the rules do not apply to you which leads to all kinds of dangerous delusions because through the lens of ego the world becomes heavily distorted.<br />
My path is the opposite, it's looking up at the stars and realising how small I am compared to how big and important my ego wants me to believe I am. It's the recognition that I am one amongst billions and that the world does not revolve around me and my desires, that I cannot fight the universe and it's ways. I should therefore be seeking to harmonise with them and to remove the delusional ego ba<x>sed thinking which leads me into conflict and suffering.

Best Answer

If that worthy outpouring is supposed to say that you are spiritual it has, to me, failed completely. All the positive attributed you describe are totally humanitarian and noting to do with what I take to be the otherworldliness of spirituality.If my take is correct, then it affirms my contention that spirituality doesn't exist any more than does god. They are both very useful man-made contrivances for those who feel they need them.

Best Answer

Then you are probably a psychopath.

Best Answer

Wow! That's quite a suggestion. How did you make that leap?

Best Answer

Why would you take spirituality to be necessarily "other-worldly" ? It is inner-worldly. It's the why of humanitarianism.

Best Answer

You gave such a nice explanation, but gave it up with this labelling. Are labelled probable psychopaths included or excluded in the harmonisation you described ?

Best Answer

Sorry I misread what you wrote. But why would you think spirituality is otherworldly?

Best Answer

i am on the same path .....its difficult. Whenever i try to accept my ego does not let me :(

Best Answer

I don't actually have a feeling as to what spirituality is but equate with a religious state of mind (not necessarily main stream). Hence, as an atheist, I see it all as otherworldly.

Best Answer

One way to define a spiritual aspirant is one who refuses to stop until he finds out and understands the complete reality about his own existence, the source or root of his mind, his own life and/or lack thereof. We can choose this to happen, with or without religion, whether atheist or not, and everyone can start afresh, if he/she wanted and requires only one quality to begin, persistence to know the truth. Buddha did this, it's a different matter he ended up founding a religion, but he started out as a seeker of the Truth about life. If Truth is what you seek, then enroute the journey, it so happens you do examine possibly or apprently conflicting explanations. This can be "otherworldly" schools, atheism, science, any of the religions, grannies' stories, EP Answers or anything you consider as a candidate explanation for Truth.
On a lighter vein, though, some atheists might have already finished this journey happily and found all the answers and certain others are too lazy or uninterested to start. The former are eternally happy Buddhas and the latter are lazily happy kids, happy till they get hungry that is.

Best Answer

As to religion, it's only a method to the madness. It's like joining the gym to join the police force. You could pick any of them, or none at all if you are that capable or found your own and you get to reach the same hilltop, if you climb well and climb right.

Best Answer

I am working on it

Best Answer

all the best.......:)

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

It’s been said that you can’t get wet from the word water and however strange this might sound, it is very true for many people’s spiritual journeys. Until and unless you go from the intellectual idea to the inner knowing where you make personal contact with God, spirituality will always be something you do to satisfy your ego’s need to "be a good person". By turning inwards and following your inner guidance you will start to open up yourself to a whole new dimension of life. You no longer have to turn to someone else’s rules or be dictated for by other people’s ideas – ideas that are mostly designed to keep you thinking and acting like everybody else. Lke watching "Modern Family" on t.v.<br />
S.W.

Best Answer

wow....excellent explanation ....:)

Best Answer

After about half a bottle

Best Answer

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

I am absolutely not spiritual and cannot get any kind of feeling as to what such an experience may be. It is totally outwith my comprehension.

Best Answer

And then some

Best Answer

No, pretty physical

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I've always been interested very interested in religion and spirituality, majoring in comparative religion for a couple years, but I've never believed in anything that could be considered...mana, I suppose the word is.

Best Answer

I have been known to be full of spirits on the odd occasion...

Best Answer

hahaha.......:)

Best Answer

yess i am spiritual

Best Answer

yes very much so...but i dont belong to any church..kinda a little lost when it comes to that

Best Answer

I am at it and hope to get there after a few births :) :)

Best Answer

haha........:)

Best Answer