honestly? no, never. people shouldnt expect that out of you. its messed up. i dont care if someone comes around here all okie dorie and tells you that you need to get over it, they obviously havent expirenced it hand on. and for those people who tell you to not interfere, dont listen to them etheir, ask them if they would just stand by and watch someone get beat. i know i wouldnt.

Best Answer

The statue of limitations on parental crimes expires on your 21st birthday. Yes, he should have gotten over it. Let's all hope you can break the cycle when you have your own family.

Best Answer

Depends on the severity of the beatings. The last of the scars my mother gave me finally faded away a couple years ago...I'm still not speaking to the ***** ;-)

Best Answer

My dad beat me. I forgave him for beating me, but I've yet to forgive him for instilling violence in me. At some point though, you either cut them completely from your life or forgive them. But you can't carry around the bitterness forever.

Best Answer

No their is no certain age my dad is in his 60's and is still dealing with things that happened in his childhood

Best Answer

It depends on what he was beat for.

Best Answer

that's the mentally of his ignorant mother<br />
one does not get over it... they learn to move forward

Best Answer

Never.

Best Answer

As for myself, I did have to get over it in order to move on and quit using my past as an excuse to do nothing with my life. I can't speak for anyone else.

Best Answer

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. Getting help in coming to terms with it often can be a way of coping. I don't know if one ever really "gets over" such things.

Best Answer

You never get over that. You Mum is an idiot. Think how you'd feel. Would you "get over it" Or harbour a nasty resentent your whole life?

Best Answer

She is way ignorant for saying this. I was beaten physically and emotionally abused till my 23 birthday. No you don't. It's not the physical pain that is bothering you, but the fact that your parents where abusers. An abuser chooses his victim, he is capable of control over his nerves(that is why they don't beat anyone they know, but specific victims) and they excuse their behavior(rationalization, gashlighting). This is what you can't get over. This behavior and abuser mentality is not meat to be a parents mentality towards his/her children. It's the realization of what lies in the heart of people who say they love you. They don't. An abuser doesn't love his/her victims. He loves him/herself. The only guilt they ever have is not about others or their feelings, it's about themselves. Empathy is a great component in any loving relationship. Without empathy there is /was no love.

Best Answer