1alwaysdreaming 1alwaysdreaming 18-21, F 20 Answers Jan 22 in Hobbies

I'm afraid that freedom in its purest form is an illusion. Although I acknowledge the fact that I probably have more freedoms than the population of some lesser fortunate countries.

Best Answer

There are people in your own country that are less fortunate :(

Best Answer

I was talking about the average inhabitant. You're right though, but that counts for every country in this world.

Best Answer

no. yes.

Best Answer

Jinx!

Best Answer

x:

Best Answer

No. Yes, but there is nothing that I can do for them.

Best Answer

yes i do realize.

Best Answer

No and yes.

Best Answer

I am aware of that, I'm also aware that some people enjoy more freedoms than me. I would consider mine "middle of the road".

Best Answer

Of course not. I know how lucky I am.

Best Answer

Yes.

What should I be doing different?

Best Answer

No. I do realize that some people don't get the same basic freedoms as me, however that was not of my doing! Their particular government--and/or their belief that the particular form of government they're experiencing is legitimate (needed, beneficial, inevitable, etc...)-- is to be blamed for their lack of basic freedoms. I am pretty lucky that I was born/engendered in a particular region and time that allows me a relatively great amount of freedom!

Best Answer

You're lucky

Best Answer

maybe, but then i remember that while my family's country wasntaken over by nazi Germany that they had the motivation to move to another country. There is no perfect outcome when everyone has the same freedoms. Unfortunatly thats how money and economics work.

Best Answer

was*

Best Answer

Yes.... thanks for reminding me.... -.-

Best Answer

Yes. I also admit I don't care and realise I am not them, and until such time as the fact changes- I am not in a similar situation currently.

I didn't ask for life, and I admit I'm too cowardly to take it away myself (I have people I'm still here for), but nothing in the lack of a contract I was given when two strangers-turned-parents decided to have me dragged into this world, said I have to live it a certain way, or treat it as though it's the most precious thing I have. Who knows? Maybe it was better in the Before Place.

Best Answer

Maybe the reason you were sent here from the Before Place was to make a place that is not so great into a better place than when you found it. :)

Embrace the cowardice that keeps you from taking your life. However strange it feels and however unlikely it may seem, that cowardice is called "hope" and it's a faint glimmer in the distance that tells you maybe tomorrow or some far off day will be more than what you thought it would be.

Best Answer

I've no intention on working to make this one better, seeing as I'd no choice in being here in the first place. It won't be any better because of me, and I'm not expending my energy to make it so. I'm just waiting for the reaper to come on its own accord. It's not hope, it's duty. My duty is to those I'm living for right now, that's all. Do take your optimism where it won't fall on a hardened heart.

Best Answer

Optimism given to someone who is already optimistic doesn't accomplish anything. If it is my wish to make someone feel joy the way I've come to feel joy, why can't I at least try?

My point is just because you didn't choose to be here (which if that's the reason all of us gave for not doing things, nothing would ever be done to help anyone as none of us chose our existence) doesn't mean you can't still make something of your existence. In fact, you already have. By living for someone else you're keeping their life brighter than what it would be without your presence. So in essence, you are indeed making this world a better place and you are expending the energy it would take not to do something that would hurt them. I've been in that situation before and I know it takes more effort not to take your life than to give in to it and just say "**** it all"...

Best Answer

Maybe, but I needn't the optimism, as I lost the ability to be joyful when I gained the ability to see the intricacies of existence. The fact of the matter is that not everyone hates being here and similarly hates what they are, as well as their entire species. I was selfishly dragged out in order to fulfill someone's emotional, biological, and (I'm guessing) spiritual needs, and I'm to "make something" of an existence that was forced upon me? Fine. I'll make it go away eventually, but for now I'll play your little game. But I won't make a difference to anyone's lives beyond those I've a duty to, as I'll live on my own terms. Love, joy, surprise...since those are my trade-offs, I'll search for peace and simplicity instead.

Best Answer

I'm not trying to force anything upon you, merely trying to get you to broaden your view and open your mind, friend. I understand the dark nature of existence as well, but knowing darkness doesn't require you to dwell in it. I know when I'm standing under the streetlamp at night that everything around me is in shadows, and I know when I am walking through the shadowed places there's another streetlamp within a few blocks' reach. Just be open to possibility...You don't have to make a difference by any means, but you are likely to without even trying.

Best Answer

You know, you're painfully persistent, lol. Hey, don't mind my grumpier persona, he and I are the same person, but I've a different mindset. I get your pov, and I know full well it's possible, but I suppose I'm still fighting myself on whether to let things come, or shut them out...there's a lot of crap in this life, and I suppose all we're trying to do is protect ourself, but it's hard figuring out what to filter out, when everything looks one way or another, and yet, doesn't match what it says on the tin.

Best Answer

....and some get more... that isn't intrinsically useful info

Best Answer

What are you babbling on about? o.O

Best Answer

the fact that some people have more rights than me, and others have less.... doesn't automatically make my life good or bad... or any one thing. Different people are different.

Best Answer

No one said anything about it being good or bad. What's bad is taking things for granted.

Best Answer

I'm talking about the freedoms... the fact that I have more than some, doesn't mean my level of freedom is something to celebrate

Best Answer

I think you've got this all wrong. I'm saying don't take what you have for granted o.O That's got nothing to do with what you are saying right now.

Best Answer

And I'm saying that it doesn't matter what others have in terms of evaluating ones own life. others having more or less has nothing to do with taking life for granted.

Best Answer

Taking for granted what you have is.

Best Answer

With this stuff...

Best Answer

Freedom isn't free, you have to go out and work for it.

Best Answer

Some people don't even get the opportunity to work for it.

Best Answer

there are a bunch of rules, and everybody seems to think they were made for everybody else to follow...

Best Answer

Best Answer