FlauntTheImperfections FlauntTheImperfections 41-45, M 14 Answers Oct 10, 2012 in Community

Im a teacher, I get neither and I don't particularly like either.

Best Answer

Thank you for being a teacher; one of the hardest and pivotal jobs to our future yet least recognized and rewarded professions in existence.

Best Answer

I'll go with the beer :)

Best Answer

In the past acknowledgement but these days im happy with anonymity and a sack of cash.

Best Answer

Good, honest answer. The economy has changed us.

Best Answer

its more a case of experience/age than economics. i needed validation in my work when younger because thats the measure of an artist or creative person. Monetary gain is entirely secondary, in fact, irrelevant. But in later years and after reasonable success you know you are good enough, smart enough etc and thevalue attached to your work is financial. You can only play the starving artist for so long.

Best Answer

If "reward" means that I want my efforts to accomplish something, then I guess I'd go for that.

Best Answer

Yeah, and how would "sex" be accounted for?

Best Answer

Recognition would be good.

Best Answer

Given the option, I feel that way most.

Best Answer

neither I like to remain on the edge of the circle and be anonymous or blend in

Best Answer

Heh. Yes, I've been there too. I used to work as a broadcast journalist and chose to be behind the camera much more often than in front of it. Important but unseen. I understand your view.

Best Answer

Great question. More recognition than reward. :o)

Best Answer

TY. I thought of it this morning while listening to all the rivalry that is happening in the scientific community over getting a Nobel prize.

Best Answer

Interesting, Perhaps, for the Nobel contenders, recognition is a reward.

Best Answer

For them, one means the other. If they get the recognition from their peers, they will often get elevated in position, pay, etc.

Best Answer

wow.. now that is a great question. I never thought of it that way before. I need to ponder this!

Best Answer

TY I'm glad I inspired some thought.

Best Answer

Perhaps a bit of both but probably recognition more so. Who wants to work like a dog and yet it isn't recognised or rewarded so you continually struggle financially? I think I'm only human and I feel put upon like everyone can do and eventually it affects your self worth.

Best Answer

Agreed. That's why it is so important for companies to recognize their employees beyond giving them a pay check for accomplishing the requirements. Many people see this as cheesy but it does mean something to at least a few, so they go forward with bonuses, awards, etc.

Best Answer

Sometimes just having your boss tell you you did a good job is enough. Ithink everyone needs that.

Best Answer

deep deep deep down i do want to be famous but practically thinking that doesnt last very long, so i prefer having something more substantial like money ....if we only consider recognition and reward...otherwise there are other things in life that are more important..

Best Answer

Very true. This is a black and white in a world of grey. Gratification can yield both in ways that don't normally fit into either category.

Best Answer

I defiantly don't want recognition makes life to hard. The reward I get from work is personal and gratifying. The reward from my family takes a while but I see it now in the adults my kids are becoming I like to think I had a part in that.

Best Answer

Your maturity allows you to accept reward in a more humble fashion than is typically implied. Gratification for the fruit of your labor and love given to your family comes back to you in ways a financial reward can never compare.

Best Answer

Probably deep down recognition.

Best Answer

Same here. It isn't for all situations either. It is just some things, it would be really nice that someone notices your efforts. I hope they do for you.

Best Answer

Definitely not for all situations, just my writing, then at least I can be somewhat proud of something I have created.

Best Answer

Be proud in your accomplishments even without recognition. You succeed! But also share some links to what you've written so we can see them. :)

Best Answer