Few would answer affirmative to my questions, yet, a lot of people here are willing to break their word, ditch their spouse and even abort their baby in pursuit of personal satisfaction.
wolfkelishian wolfkelishian 36-40, M 14 Answers Aug 21, 2010

Life is all about the choices we make and the consequences of such. We are sensual creatures by design, with drives and needs, like animals. Yet, we are self-aware, unlike most creatures with the ability to form moral judgments. My guess is there are few who could say they have never betrayed another - or hurt another - for personal gain or satisfaction. But, I believe the question should be asked is: After the consequences, would you continue making those same choices, or would you try hard to avoid them? My hope is that most would say that they try harder to check their motives and live a life in service to others. As one person said before, there is no better way and the satisfaction one receives is deeper and longer lasting.....SS

Best Answer

I dont think anyone can truely get satisfaction out of betraying ...

Best Answer

No. No.

Best Answer

Personal satifaction isn't the purpose of life. I've done some pretty out of bounds things just for that, and tried to justify my actions. I'm dang lucky someone didn't call me out on that happy crap. Just be careful, and realize your actions may be accountable.

Best Answer

to the first question: no, i don't think so. and for the second question possibly depending on the person, but it isn't for my life.

Best Answer

I would kill, set fire to a public building, invade a foreign country, betray my own country, launder money, rescue damsels in distress, fight my way through hordes of blood sucking zombies, climb a tree, ask Satan for advice, speak in public, change my underwear every half hour, tame lions, train rats to juggle, eat a live toad (..even a dead one), dance with wolves, impersonate Sean Connery, rip someone's nostrils open with a boat hook, make love to Anne Robinson, ride a unicycle, dress as a member of the Spanish Inquisition, ride the wild surf, learn to speak Rabinda Tanith, join the CIA, cook snake and pigmy pie, appear on the Jerry Springer Show, dress like Worzel Gummidge, accept an insult from Prince Phillip, play Russian Roulette with Robert de Niro, kiss Camilla Parker, become a Jehovah Witness, crawl naked for five miles over broken glass, ....just to have the chance and privilege of throwing stones at Sophia Loren's sh*t.

Best Answer

Personal satisfaction does make you happy. Yes. But there is more to life than just personal satisfaction ok? Living in the moment, having an attitude of gratitude....these things can make you happy too. But ultimately, To Thine Own Self Be True is a golden ticket to happiness.

Best Answer

I think in the end it's our instinct to strive for just that, and if you aren't satisfied in life then something is wrong and you gotta change it somehow.... If we don't have true happiness what is the point? I'd rather be dead then live a mediocre life when I have it within my power to go after what I want.

Best Answer

The purpose of life is to advance in knowledge and spirituality in order to move-on to the next level. If you can gain personal satisfaction along the way this is not a problem and may even be a bonus, but if you unnecessarily hurt others in achieving such satisfaction (agaist their will) then this may be a hinderance to your own personal and spiritual advancement.

Best Answer

In th end we humans care only for ourselves. If you say, no. You need to stop lying to yourself.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer