Arizona businesses can now refuse to serve gay customers. Should we be able to legally discriminate based on religious belief or should we all be forced to accept the growing changes?
Allwaysthink825 Allwaysthink825 26-30, F 24 Answers Feb 23, 2014 in Politics

shameful If I did that at my business I wouldn't have one. But lets boycott Arizona I have friends who live there and own business and they tell me every Friday they will refuse to service straight people. <br />
Lets see how fast they don't get sued?

Best Answer

Not all people support Gay rights...I don't. If you don't like it...Stay away from Arizona.

Best Answer

Crowbar 53 I support everyone because we all share this world. It doesn't matter if they are gay or straight I will serve them when they come in my business. But I also support others who own business in Arizona who has the right to refuse service to straight people on Friday's because of there religious freedom. So do not support gay rights next it will be put on drivers lic in Arizona so you can ask if you are straight or not!

Best Answer

Haha, Ok. Let Az. label me as a Straight American Male. And religious freedom has nothing to do with the fact of being Straight or Gay...does it?

Best Answer

Where does it end really? Next businesses will be able to have separate water fountains and dining areas for different races. . . .. . wait, we already did that. It is stupid for businesses to do that! the whole point of having a business is to make money so the ones that are participating in this discrimination will just lose out on money and respect. How are we supposed to know who is gay and who is not anyway? I guess we will have to give them all serial number tatoos. . .. . wait a minute, I believe that was done before as well. I think that if I had a business I would not allow hat wearers to use my services, they are easier to spot and it it under the same basis. . . . . or how about blue eyed people, or jewish people, or people that drive prius's. . . . . the bane of society lol

Best Answer

why any business would want bad publicity and turn down potential customers...especially is the current economy is baffling

Best Answer

It's stupid. Gay people's money spends as well as straight's. <br />
I have a feeling that it will be fringe businesses that will refuse. Ones that won't get gay business anyway.

Best Answer

This is a very dangerious road to go down does this mean you could be refused for not being a Christian or your an adultery etc etc

Best Answer

I think people forget why this country came to be

Best Answer

me thinks they still have to serve an illegal mexican gay person though... <br />
our borders are a joke

Best Answer

As a business owner I should be free to refuse my services to anyone for any reason..<br />
Just as you don't have to accept people into your life if you dont agree with them..

Best Answer

It's up to the business owner but if I were aware of their policy I wouldn't do business there and that would be my choice and my right..

Best Answer

I believe the supreme court has held that a business has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason as long as their customers are made aware of this attitude.

Best Answer

And yes, I would be hurt if I were discriminated against for some arbitrary reason..

Best Answer

I'm not going to debate this issue. I don't agree with this business attitude and I don't support it nor Will I support it with my dollars. We can't legislate bigotry and racism away and we have too many laws as it is.. these things must be addressed on a social level.. try to be the example of what is right and just. Sooner or later others will see the light.

Best Answer

I totally agree. I can't change the world but I can ( I hope ) make a positive impact on those around me by doing the right thing. I think you would agree with this. Get enough people with that attitude and change will come even if only at a snail's pace. But thats the shame of it isn't it.... :(

Best Answer

the few business owner who say they love this law are already paying there employees below cost so they are millionairs
I for one pay at higher than min $10.00 a hour and I sell out every day in the bakery serving everyone. But I would never turn away any customer who pays real money. Sure refuse ones who bring down your business for the right reason not because they are Gay straight black pink blue purple they still drink and eat.

Best Answer

It hasn't been signed by the governor yet. She may still veto it. But if businesses can discriminate against gays ba<x>sed on their religious beliefs, doesn't that open the door to also discriminate against religions if you don't share the same beliefs?

Best Answer

Yay for Arizona!

Best Answer

And how they would notice any? Seduce the customer? :-D

Best Answer

How would they know? lol

Best Answer

What sorts of businesses? I am torn over this sort of issue, as it seems right that people can choose to sell to or perform services as they like. At the same time, it reminds me of the days of segregation where certain businesses catered only to black people or to white people exclusively. I can sympathize in situations where a service might not want to cater a gay wedding, ba<x>sed on their own beliefs. Just as someone might choose not to help build a brothel, ba<x>sed on personal beliefs. Seems to me that you should be able to run your business as you like. That being said, it opens the door to other kinds of things, like refusing to rent to people ba<x>sed on ethnicity or certain religious beliefs. It's a tricky issue.

Best Answer

Changes nothing, businesses were never legally obliged to serve anyone.

Best Answer