christianwoman christianwoman 31-35, F 6 Answers Mar 3 in Community

Through the prayer, fasting and almsgiving of Lent, we become spiritually stronger and make reparation for our sins. We also follow the pattern set by Jesus Christ during his 40 day fast in the desert before He began His public ministry. In our family, we begin Ash Wednesday with fast and abstinence, receive the blessed ashes to signify our penance, and brainstorm activities we can do, such as giving money saved from dietary restrictions to the orphanage in India, and more simple and practical daily helps, such as doing chores around the home for others, visiting the cemetery and praying for the departed souls, making peace with people who have crossed us and so on and so forth. We see it as a positive time of spiritual activity and personal renewal.

Best Answer

Fasting drives out demons and weakens temptations in your daily lot. Fasting can also be used as personal sacrifices to help Jesus save souls.

Best Answer

And like others said, its good for building spiritual strength, increase the effectiveness of prayer and helps you deny yourself because denying yourself of worldliness truly does purify you.

Best Answer

It's a character building experience....

Best Answer

Im thinking of observing lent this year.

Best Answer

I'm diabetic so I am not required to follow the food parts, but I both give something up that is a problem for me and go further out of my way to help others. It is a good mimicking of Christ. Denial of the physical world to assist in focus on the spiritual world.

Best Answer

an how do u no an why do u think im christian if u would like me to rephrase your question an make it better i will just ask toodles lol

Best Answer