you? Do you want to disown them too?
TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 14 Answers Mar 15 in Parenting & Family

I have disowned my family; I am not okay with the way I have been treated, overlooked, ignored, cast as this mental freak, or otherwise never even given the courtesy of a conversation and any lasting concern for what's right for me. I determine that, not my family. Furthermore, the lack of communication, the times where i really needed support and I was left on my own, being homeless and nearly suffering a heat stroke, no, those are not things that a real caring family would ever let you endear; a caring family would not withhold the truth from you, and would listen to your truths without being called this delusional confused demented person. I am so disgusted with my family, so horribly disgusted with them, I never want to see them, hear them, or have any form of communication with them ever again. They are not protecting me from any truth; they are harming me greatly from not getting any honest answers. They t hink my brain is too far gone, too damaged, that there is little to zero hope of me ever functioning properly (according to them, not me).

Best Answer

You understand what it is all about. It is sad that family can't be there to help and support us. They are missing out on our help and support as well. We need to build a family of us orphaned adults.

Best Answer

my family is very loving...

Best Answer

WOW, that must be a good experience. I am happy for you. I never had that.

Best Answer

I already have !

Best Answer

You too. Mine don't deserve me in their life.

Best Answer

My blood family all have died except for my older brother. He is pretty set in his ways, but he treats me much better now than he did when we were younger. <br />
I'm sorry that you have been abused by your blood family , BlessedOne. No one deserves that kind of treatment especially from their own flesh and blood family members. Nothing hurts worse than that!!! Sometimes people don't realize what they have until they lose it.

Best Answer

They have lost me and this time for good.

Best Answer

"To thine own self be true". My blood relatives are not going to be a penny richer when my estate settles. Treat ME that way, huh?

Best Answer

So you understand. I agree with you.

Best Answer

I have nothing to do with any of them. Granted, most died early in life.

Best Answer

My father disowned me...then died taking the answers as to why he felt I deserved this! I didn't disown my sister; I love her, but I did distance myself from her completely because of her betrayal and cruelty to me; not to punish her, but to protect myself...No one deserves abuse, so distance might be best for you as well.

Best Answer

My family is a tight unit, if any of us have a problem we talk it out and put it behind us never harbor or hold grudges. If i did have such problems as you are experiencing i would tell them exactly how i felt and keep them at a distance disowning them is a strong word because they are still family no matter what.

Best Answer

My family is awesome, we are all very close.

Best Answer

Actually, it's a wonder they put up with me. They're all really nice. :)

Best Answer

I have definitely kept my distance from some of my siblings.

Best Answer

It seems like it is the only way. At my age and their age they should know better. I am age 50 and I think I have given them enough years to be good to me. They do not deserve me.

Best Answer

You can pick your friends but family is a life sentence.

Best Answer

how do they abuse you?

Best Answer

Always calling me crazy or lazy. And they act like teenagers in how they do that to me. I am cutting them off as of today. It all happened when one of my sisters as me what kind of work I am doing now. It was her birthday and I said happy birthday. I make more money than they do and now they are posing nasty things on facebook. 60 years olds acting like 16 year olds. lol

Best Answer