I couldn't disagree more. I have always had a great sense of humor but it's expanded even more as I've gotten older. I think you're hanging out with the wrong people :-)

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

Hear, hear Nigel!!

Best Answer

What do you mean by old? I know several grandfather types who still have a dry sense of humor. Maybe its more of a generational gap. There are some jokes I don't get, or I don't think are funny. But I still have my hair and have lost only one tooth, so I guess I'm not old enough yet to lose my sense of ... wait, what were we just talking about?

Best Answer

no.. the young get less funny

Best Answer

Well I've never lost any hair, have all my teeth including my wisdom teeth and like to think I've got a good sense of humour. :)

Best Answer

Thank you Barb. *taking a bow* :)

Best Answer

The older people become the more content and their sense of humor changes to a more subtle tongue in check variety rather than the dramatic can't stop laughing kind. They're just different kinds of senses of humor. One is more dramatic and serious, and the other more easy going and applicable to more things.<br />
The Taoists texts in particular illustrate the point. They're written in a stylized paradoxical manner that encourages the reader to interpret the text for themselves. One interpretation that is always included is a sort of pervasive tongue in check sense of humor. Two people can literally read the same exact text and one will argue with it and cuss it the entire time while the other laughs the whole way through. Many Taoists can't take a religion seriously if it doesn't have a good sense of humor about itself.

Best Answer

It is individual. I for example see absurd alround me more, as I am growing older and like to pocke my humor @ it. On the other hand have no patience for silly humor any more.

Best Answer

Your sense of humour matures, just like you.<br />
What was funny as a child, is not as a teen; funny as a teen, is not so funny in your twenties ....and so on.<br />
It is not a loss of a sense of humour, merely that other things are funny.

Best Answer

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Best Answer

Glad someone here is much better able to articulate things than me. :-)

Best Answer

It gets better with age.

Best Answer

Sometimes, but I think that is a function of health issues, such as chronic pain and depression. It takes more to get me laughing these days. Also a lot of "jokes" that are new to someone younger, are oft repeated rehashes of old ideas, thus no longer funny to someone who has already heard a variation on the same theme 1000 times.

Best Answer

aaaahhhhhh! makes sense!

Best Answer

you'll soon find out...

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Yeah 100 percent serious makes this a great question! :P

Best Answer

Well you would lose your sense of humor too if you lost your hair and teeth too ;)

Best Answer

I find the reverse is true for most people.

Best Answer