happy forever with any eternity, no matter how good?
overman overman 31-35, M 6 Answers Dec 9, 2010

There is no such thing as a "soul" as well as "heaven and hell" as they are all but words created by man. Born of the delusive deification process of good and evil, night and day, right and wrong. Classic age old duality inherent to most cultures. You are* the result of an incremental biological, emotional and psychological process. The very fact that you even know the concept of a soul or heaven is directly tied to pre-existential denominations and nothing more. You believe because you were suggested to believe, because your parents were strongly advised to believe and because their parents before them were forced to believe... BUT* mostly because it's an effective coping mechanism that helps dismiss the inevitability of nature's indiscriminate wrath towards your loved ones and especially the conscious mind terrified at the idea of its own mortality. Its function is but to soothe the mourning mind but for that it doesn't need to be true does it? Any religion that tries to bind its followers by rules and behavioral guidelines in order to access certain planes of existence or transcend death cannot claim to posses the truth. For truth preceeds knowledge just as all of what is preceeds and shapes consciousness. These rules are created by man, written by man. Thus they are fraud.<br />
The conscious mind speaks to itself and has no extrinsic properties both in its origin and its finality. You will not " live on" or "linger on" when you die in any way, shape or form. Well you will on a subatomic level( for smart *****) but not on a conscious level because as soon as your brain cease to function will will no longer be what characterized your in the first place. Now if we could stop claiming that each and every one of our thoughts have transcendent consequences and every action we make of celestial preponderance we could work on improving the only life you and your children will ever know that would be great.

Best Answer

WITH FAMILY(MY SON) I WOULD BE SO VERY HAPPY. NOW I JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN. I MISS MY SON ALOT:( I DO BELIEVE HE'S ON THE OTHER SIDE. I BELIEVE HE COMES TO VISIT ME.

Best Answer

I sincerely hope you are right.

Best Answer

This is a school...<br />
You will not be the same person that you are now. The "person" you will be is the same "person" you were prior to coming here. You will be able to remember who you are now. And all those around you.<br />
Ding Dao

Best Answer

I always liked this notion. If there were souls, it seems to be the best way to explain it. You either lose your identity and memories, which really sucks from a "here and now" perspective and seems a waste. If you stay the person you are, it seems unlikely that you could cope with an eternity. Being a separate soul among others that can share life experiences would be doable I believe, especially paired with a reincarnation option. Thanks.

Best Answer

I think people in this life would know u and anyone from any other lifetime and I think u look how ever u outwardly wanna appear

Best Answer

This sounds similar to DingDao's answer. I begin to think of the environment or options as an eternal soul that would make me happy all that time.

Best Answer

Assuming your physical body is the only manifestation of your self in the absence of such a belief... assuming your current identity will be unchanged after death in the presence of such a belief... assuming continuation of life after death is as cheap as your understanding of it in the presence of the absence of salvation and Jesus... <br />
assuming...<br />
assuming...<br />
assuming... life will be pretty bleak indeed.

Best Answer

I'm not sure I follow your answer, particularly in how it relates to my question. Perhaps, I asked it wrong.

Best Answer

Happy and never fight only have unconditional love to give,<br />
thats my only wish that my sole mates soul was still here with the same identity, I would run to him and grab ahold of him and never let go, I want nothing more than to touch his face kiss him and run away from everyone where no one knows who we are, and live as one forever...

Best Answer

You are lucky I suppose. I could never imagine being around the same person for more than 100 years tops, much less eternity. The whole, familiarity breeds contempt, thing.

Best Answer