I still do change with money in my head and stuff like that. it's funny, the other day I was at a store and chatting with the cashier. I told him my daughter just turned six and I had a while to go (till she's eighteen.) he thought about it for a minute and said, "yeah like fourteen years or something." ...he's a cashier lol. but I don't have much room to talk. I've messed up on pretty simple equations before.

Best Answer

I did business maths in highschool (cause they didn't offer anything else) And if I have around 30 items in my shopping trolley. I can work out the price of my groceries well before the cashier can.

Best Answer

nice. I usually just estimate as I put things in my cart.

Best Answer

I say it's more because growing up during different time periods they've made it more mandatory to use a calculator. "If you don't use it you lose it." And as you said there is not a time when I'll come across a simple question and have a brain fart.

Best Answer

I know

Best Answer

Most adults still do.

Best Answer

I do

Best Answer

Because you can program formulas into the calculators and cheat. Also their insistence is because they want to see your work so they know you understand the reason why the numbers make sense. I have to be honest, I've never understood the reason for calculus or Trig being a college level course for stuff like Psychology or Sociology or even political theory. At the most these fields use basic algebra and the rest is statistics. Which is again, basically algebra.

Best Answer

Your a psych major :) ???

Best Answer

Actually I was a sociology major before i had a nervous breakdown.

Best Answer

Estimating things accurately is incredibly valuable as a life skill.

Best Answer

Really? Besides like the first few grades you were allowed. A calculator doesn't help much because they wanted to see the work. Only getting a right answer didn't give many points.

Best Answer

i do

Best Answer

Well, here in le canadadadiansas, we are.

Best Answer