lostlittlefirefly lostlittlefirefly 31-35, F 40 Answers May 25, 2012

I guess so...like countless others, I'm 65, retired, and living in Florida. OMG, after all this time, after my wild young days as a hippie-freak musician living in a sixth-floor walkup in the East Village, I've gone to the complete other end of the spectrum. From one cliche to the exact opposite, O God I can't stop laughing at myself. This is just too funny and I never realized it before. Please excuse the ramble, but this is a truly astounding, incredibly funny epiphany for me. O God, I can't believe it!! *wanders off, tears running down cheeks and stomach aching from laughing so hard at self*

Best Answer

Love this, thank you so much for sharing.... ;-)

Best Answer

no--I thought I'd be dead by now.

Best Answer

Got to be a bonus, right?

Best Answer

Depends on what day you ask

Best Answer

Fair Enough! x

Best Answer

Yup, sort of.

Best Answer

sort of's good, right?

Best Answer

No, very little about my life turned out the way I expected---or planned.

Best Answer

in a good way?

Best Answer

Not even close...

Best Answer

better or worse?

Best Answer

worse... life has a way of throwing you off track- I am much better than I once was, but a lot of what I had when I was a younger man was lost...

Best Answer

I'm glad your better than you once were - small steps my friend, small steps, good luck my friend

Best Answer

thx

Best Answer

i am much futher on

Best Answer

Thats what i like to hear!! good for you!!

Best Answer

Not really. I kind of just lived my life with two goals and none will be finished before 50.

Best Answer

why not?

Best Answer

why not?

Best Answer

no i did not get married to end up sick and alone------after 44 yrs finding out you chose a lying cheater,who destroyed my family ,is a hard pill to swallow------

Best Answer

I'm so sorry - some people don't see the gift they have in their lives; I hope you get back on your feet soon, ;-)

Best Answer

Well I didn't imagine myself having suicidal thoughts and getting bad grades at this age:/

Best Answer

Sweetie, i could say it gets better (becuas it does) but that wont help at this stage.... what I would say is talk to someone, now, get some support - things look less bleak when you have that..... take care, stay safe

Best Answer

yes but better than expected. my future's so bright I gotta wear shades!

Best Answer

wow, pass the shades, I can't stand the glare!!

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

Pretty much, actually. I'm very satisfied with myself.

Best Answer

Good for you!

Best Answer

It's a mixture of hard work and adjusted expectations. It's all about balance, and willingness to work toward goals. Slow and steady really does win the race.

Best Answer

F'zackally my thoughts as well.... thanks for sharing!!

Best Answer

No but... feck it anyway, it's only life and it'll all be over soon enough, thank Christ!

xo

Best Answer

No, life has had a lot of bumps, curves, and dead ends. It's been a long and lonely road and I am running out of gas.

Best Answer

well pull over and re-fuel - you've got lots of friends here who are willing to give you that push if you need it!! x

Best Answer

Smiling, blushing. Wish I knew you when I was younger. The future wouldn't have a chance with us together as friends.

Best Answer

No where near it or happy.

Best Answer

No i am not

Best Answer

No, unfortunately not, because I have always catered to everyone else's needs but my own :( But I am beginning today to stop that. YAY ME!!!!

Best Answer

No. I thought I'd be dead long ago.

Best Answer

oooo-kaaaaaaaaaaay !

Best Answer

I am trying to be honest, I have sat and thought about it, but I can't remember what I was reaching for, it feels like I have been on this earth for a damn sight longer than 48yrs, altho' endeavouring to end on a positive - just maybe I haven't got there yet..she says with no conviction, only delusion, lol.

Best Answer

I know, its one of those tricky questions - makes you think... am glad you took the time to share... and I'm sure you'll get there!! I still figuring out where there is as well!! ;-)

Best Answer

I always left it blank. I was not very ambitious or cared about anything, but now that I am a mom I do see a future for myself within the next 5 years.

Best Answer

Good for you! can I ask what?

Best Answer

I plan on being a nurse and then after that I would like to be a pharmacist. I am really scared of nursing but I am already in the field so that's all.

Best Answer

you'll be fine, you sound like you have a good heart and you have a belief in what you are doing but more importantly yourself.... a little fear can be healthy, good for you!! x

Best Answer

No but I am happy so it sort of balances it out for me anyway

Best Answer

Balance is the key to everything - thank you for sharing!!

Best Answer