my cat will be turning 1 in like a week or so. and he is still SO crazy and hyper. i love that he has so much personality but he randomly attacks me. and i refuse to declaw him but one of the things he likes to do is attack me from behind while i am in my gaming chair. he gets the top of my head and i actually have a few scratches that have drawn blood from it. once he got dangerously close to my eye. i feel kind of bad punishing him because im sure he thinks he is just playing. when will he start to calm down or how can i get him to stop the behavior of attacking so much?
EdgeCrusher EdgeCrusher 26-30, M 11 Answers May 9, 2011

They calm down in the sunset years of their life, at which point they take up listening to smooth jazz and smoking cigars while they reminisce about the good ol' days.

Best Answer

they don't , ever.

Best Answer

lol. I really shouldn't be laughing, but LOL. <br />
Okay.. you don't have to take his claws completely out. Just clip them =) if he's an indoor cat. Think the clippers are about $9 at the pet store. When he's sleeping, just clip away.

Best Answer

so yea... he REALLY doesnt like to have his claws clipped. and him sleeping? now im trying not to laugh. i sweat that he never actually sleeps. i think he is just resting his eyes.

Best Answer

i have same issues with my fience female cat with added probs such as knocking things over an breaking them she also has a very mid mellow manored male cat i am at my wits end with the female if i dont get help soon this cats goin to accidently on purpose be left to escape when the coyotes are around or the cat is gone to go for a ride to another state an dropped off on a farm. 2 non replaceable family heirlooms are destroyed. any suggestions on how to handle this before i take drastic measures

Best Answer

I had that same problem with my cat and almost got rid of him because it. I kept having to take antibiotics because he kept giving me cat scratch fever. Anyway when he was a little bit over a year old we brought in a second kitten of the opposite gender and within three days he turned into a kinder, gentler cat. Now he's a total sweetheart and I wouldn't dream of getting rid of him.

Best Answer

My cats still fight my dogs and at least one still kills the vole, bird, rabbit, or other miscellaneous small animal, and they're both getting on in their years. Middle aged, I would say. But basically, cats range from hyper-out-of-the-box-to-the-day-they-die to "dudddde."

Best Answer

My siamese-mix will be 10 this September, and he still bounces off the walls on a regular basis. But I love him dearly. He is also bad about scratching, even though he has 3 scratching posts. My vet (who also does grooming) advertises that they can apply "Soft Claws" for you, which are like soft rubber tips that they glue over the cat's claws. They don't hurt the cat, they just grow out with the claw. You can buy them online too and do it yourself, but from what you described you might want to leave it to a professional if you try it. :)<br />
Good luck!

Best Answer

How about get him a girlfriend? She'll keep him occupied, entertained and happier. If his claws are too long and you can't handle clipping them yourself, you can always have your vet do it for you. Unless you start young, most pets don't like having their paws handled let alone having their nails clipped.

Best Answer

ok I kow a lot of people will disagree with me but the best way to calm these fiesty kitties is to grab it by the tail and fling it as far as you can-IM KIDDING-you wanna fling them somwhere safe-up against a wall or a speeding car will do-AGAIN I AM KIDDING_I have kitties of my own-yours is male I presume? They will get mellow as they mature-but they mellow out pretty fast when nuterred -however the fugg u spell it.

Best Answer

i got my cat neutered at like 5 to 6 months. he is still ridiculous, lol. his nicknames include crazy, psycho, and retarded.

Best Answer

then fling him against the wallhehehehe!I am kidding!!! Give them some catnip-they will chill out temporarilly

Best Answer

I've had cats my whole life and I find that they don't really start to calm down until age 2.

Best Answer