Wow...I'm a bit shocked...I was thinking more like 14 or so. Not to say that my girls aren't mature enough, but I'm thinking about all the crazy people out there and all the children getting kidnapped!??
some1sDEZTINY some1sDEZTINY 31-35, F 7 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Community

It really depends on various things. The maturity of the child, how long will the child be left unattended, does the child have a neighbour they could go to if they found themselves in a tricky situation ... etc

Best Answer

Have to agree with most people, depends on for how long and the maturity of the child. I probably started when they were both over 10 yrs old, just nipping to the shops and they did not want to tag along. Trust my son way more than my daughter. Could leave him alone all day now, her never.

Best Answer

soon as I train my daughter how to use my guns I will feel safe to leave her alone ...

Best Answer

Depends on how m uch time I mean my one daughter. Double digits. At 10she was ok for an hour or so. Never very long. My skn he was very different and probobly would have been fine younger than that.. my middle daughter doesn't show the same maturity. And I doubt at 10she will be ready for that.

Now me I remember babysitting other peoples kids by age ten... so... I think its individual and depends on maturity more than actual calendar years. That said I wouldn't consider anything less than double digits. This of course being said by a mother of five kids.

Best Answer

depends on how responsible the child is my daughters are too wild and too trusting to somebody knocking at the door while my younger niece is 7 going on 30

Best Answer

depends on how smart the child is. I was left alone at home since 8, mostly because I was smart enough not to do something dumb and also my parents didn't have enough money to hire a sitter.

Best Answer

Now days 18

Best Answer