I was never allowed to believe in the guy ( I mean not the dude that stops in your house every year. I knew about Nicholas Claus- the guy from like 320 A.D) so I have no clue when the right time to tell a child would be or if they are supposed to find out on their own or if they just stop believing. Idk how this thing works so... any ideas?
Shayisboss Shayisboss 16-17, F 13 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Beliefs

A) Make it known from birth, but also make sure that the nonexistence of Santa doesn't negate the purpose of Christmas.<br />
B) Tell them when they're old enough to ask you about it.<br />
Those would be my suggestions.

Best Answer

hey you :) for my daughter (who is now 20) it was pretty early, kindergarten. It turned out fine, but I could have let her believe for a lot longer and it would have hurt nothing. I was newly "saved" back then and wasn't mature enough to know any different. She went and told her best friend...hahahaha but they let the other friends believe in Santa for a long time.

Best Answer

heyy

Best Answer

Let them stop believing on their own. I'm almost 15 and my parents still haven't said anything and let me tell you, Santa is a huge deal in my home. Part of me wishes they'd just tell me, but I also know my mom is going to be disappointed when it's all over. It comes down to whatever is right for you and child.

Best Answer

you let them find out on there own. it's only a matter of time. and if you tell them then they'll hate you for lying. so just let it run its natural course

Best Answer

at birth

Best Answer

I told mine this year at 7 yrs old & if I woulda known better then he would have known from the jump because that's too much lying when teaching him not to. Don't want him thinking its ok

Best Answer

Don't ever tell them<br />
Make it really special for them when they are a child.. Really special.. Write them back a letter even.. Maybe it really special and let them stop believing on their own<br />
If they come home crying saying a big kid said Santa wasn't real. Well then u tell them the big kid hasn't met Santa like u have. And make a story about meeting him. Not to outrageous tho.. And voila! Your child believes u and looks up to you! You will become amazing in their eyes if u have met Santa.

Best Answer

I think most kids just start to work it out for themselves. I don't think you need to worry about telling them. I don't know many people who were told. I think most kids just give up on the Idea.

Best Answer

Never lie to them in the first place. Why would you get your kids used to believing things that are nonsense?

Best Answer

Let them stop believing on their own.

Best Answer