I think I realise immediately, call it 6th sense or intuition. Although it does not stop me from going in it. I have learned to stop myself and listen more carefully to my intuition.
thisgirlfornow thisgirlfornow 26-30 5 Answers Dec 17, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

I knew when I still had a "wandering eye". When the thought of being with someone else made me interested. When getting hit on or asked out for coffee gave me a happy feeling and turning them down was hard.

That is how I knew it would not work with the one I was with. When I didn't see growing old with them.

Best Answer

Do you think "wandering eyes" ever go away? I personally, have always had the grass is greener problem. One of my greatest fears is being with some one amazing but taking them for granted because there's always a voice saying "I could do better"

Best Answer

Mine has. I am no longer interested in anyone else. This man knows everything about me and I honestly can not imagine starting over with anyone else ever again. I could never do better.

Best Answer

That's encouraging :)

Best Answer

Sometimes it's almost immediate. Sometimes I don't find out until a long time has passed. I know things aren't going to be perfect, so it can take me a little while to figure out that things aren't "workable". As in the case of my exhusband...he waited six years before he committed the act that burned the bridge. I might see red flags, and even take note of them, but most won't be deal breakers, as long as there are other good things that are there. Basically, I have to see how the scales balance in the end.

Best Answer

Looking at the person, I know if we are meant to be something or not

Best Answer

when you begin to question it... intuition is, as you note, is usually spot-on

Best Answer