Or is there no such thing?
5thApprentice 5thApprentice 18-21, M 6 Answers Apr 14 in Community

I read an article in new scientist on this topic .. And when examined even altruistic like behavior has a selfish nature behind it that promotes the well being of that animal or person

Best Answer

That's the truth. I tried to find a quote regarding the same that I read years ago. If I ever find it, I'll post it.

Best Answer

No disrespect to either of you. But I hate this. I hate that with what little positivity there is in the world, scientists are doing studies to prove that there's negativity behind positivity.

When someone does me a kindness, from their heart, that they just as well could have avoided, I am appreciative and grateful for it. I don't care that it makes them feel good about themselves.I don't care that they hoped someone was watching. I don't care that they hope to get into heaven. I don't care that they hope for the favor to be returned. They were kind and I derived the real benefit of a kindness.

My ranting is not about either of you...especially Ono who has shown me many kindnesses since we've become friends. I'm just sick of this insidious effort to pervert everything...using people is called networking; lying, manipulating, and exploiting is called business savvy; putting a dollar before your family, your sanity is called dedication... Society is in a mass state of psychosis and people are splitting hairs about the ulterior motives of altruism?!!! ."You're not really good for helping the homeless, children, elderly, animals, environment...whatever...studies show that you're actually self-serving." Read: there is not a good cell in your body; your reasoning is socially conditioned and is no different than the survival-based adaptations of an ape. You're no good; so don't even try to be anything else...It's your nature...

Give me a phukin break! If that's who they are...phukin happy day for them. THAT IS NOT WHO YOU ARE. I refuse to accept it. I reject that theory. THAT IS NOT WHO I AM. I reject that. Period.

Best Answer

I'm sorry if I upset you and I aplogise ... But I don't believe anything I've said detracts from the good that people do ... They are still the same acts that people have been doing for thousands of years and they are still helping others ... I too have been shown the kindness of strangers but I don't secretly wonder what they are getting out of it ... I just thank them and appreciate their act. ... I wish you well

Best Answer

Right before being crucified.

Best Answer

I dunno smarty pants.. : p

Best Answer

I'm more like a dumb shirt than smarty pants lol

Best Answer

Its more like A beautiful mind than rain man.

Best Answer

Probably when others take advantage of you.

Best Answer

when forced

Best Answer