danieldaramola danieldaramola 18-21, M 26 Answers Jun 27, 2012

I'm an Atheist, like most Atheists we could care less what people believe, what I care about is dishonesty. Religion and most peoples concept of god is wholly dishonest. I have yet to meet a Christian that has read the bible, or knows anything at all about their own faith, the same goes for anything whether it be Muslims or Jews or Hindu's or Siihks. These people don't actually believe in anything they're just insecure people using "god" as a means of managing unpredictability in their life, by creating something predictable and reliable, a god. <br />
I would be all for this if it didn't make way for incredible destruction. The various religious factions of our species are killing eachother and everyone around them, they have been since the beginning of their existence. The people of these religions refuse to take any responsibility for their actions or the actions and teachings of their fellow religious or religion. Instead they blame their ills on the human condition or nature or however you like to refer to it. <br />
Religion is systematically narcissistic, and when you mix narcissism with superstition, ignorance, tradition and prejudice what you get is, well, what you see everywhere in our world. Atheists are a common scapegoat for the religious, it's obvious Atheists don't hate the religious, so instead people claim Atheists really hate god itself, which is equally absurd but much harder to deny. So that's what the religious do, saddle up all their problems onto someone else and drive them into the desert, thinking their problems will go away, and they never do. <br />
The religious have hated Atheists for as long as there have been religions, they have massacred Atheists and burned them alive, and unsurprisingly their problems only get worse. Because their problems aren't due to "hateful atheists" their problems are within themselves, and their religions and their teachings.

Best Answer

Couldn't have said it any better. I've always said that religions is something created by man to control other men. I'm not bothered by people believing what they believe, I feel sorry for them in a way, because they follow blindly.

Best Answer

Thanks, I agree entirely. It's really depressing.

Best Answer

Good, you said religious people hate atheist, but people who believe in Jesus Christ don't hate Atheist, cause The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. King James Bible (1 John 4:8)..The Christ i know, preach and teach love,kindness,forgiveness,charity, even said love your neighbor as your self, do onto others what you will do to yourself, not hatred and killings..
He created us to know his love for us, and demonstrate that same love to others..
you have been using the wrong to judge the right...GOD IS LOVE..I AM A PROUD BELIEVER OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH WHO DIED FOR MY SIN...SCHOOL AS NOT THOUGHT ME THIS BUT MY HEART BELIEVES AND HOLD THIS TRUTH..
thanks for your answer..

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer

Best Answer

I believed it once, for over 25 years. I know what my heart held and I know WHY my heart held it. I gave up the fear of "not knowing" and found out that I "knew nothing" anyways...lol..

Best Answer

People who believe in Jesus Christ are religious people. That's exactly what we're talking about here.

Best Answer

The more you know the more you realize you don't know, that's a wonderful thing to me. There's always more to know.

Best Answer

Great quote from some of the most famous athiests. But...........like them, how do you explain existence with proof? How did you, or anybody understand right from wrong? Why do we have something rather than nothing at all? http://www.gotquestions.org/argument-existence-God.html I suggest you read this with an open heart. I will do the same if you have anything to share :)

Best Answer

How do I explain existence with proof? Quantum theory, the multiverse. Expanding and contracting of time and space. I`m not trying to be nasty, but I seriously doubt you have any understanding of what these things are. You`re trying to convince me to abandon my knowledge over what I must say is garbage.
That website you linked doesn`t even have the most basic understanding of what matter is, and it`s crammed from top to bottom with at best old knowledge and false assumptions. Do you know CERN institutute. Have you heard of the LHC Large Hadron Collider? We`ve observed matter pop into and out of existence there. Just last year. This event should have been plastered all over every magazine, news paper, news hour, internet blog. Where was it? People were busy reading nonsense like this. We observed matter appear and disappear, we`ve observed dark matter directly. We don`t understand how it works yet, but we will soon. How long are we going to go on talking about god? you you want to know what I really think? forever. Nothing is ever going to be good enough for you, because you don`t have any reason to believe what you`re telling me. I could take you to the center of the universe to witness our existence pouring out of a cold empty black hole, and it wouldn`t be good enough. You believe in this because you want to believe in it.

Best Answer

Just shut up, dumb ***.

Best Answer

They aren't bothered by anyone believing anything. It just bothers them when those people try to push it on THEM.

Best Answer

ok..thanks for your answer

Best Answer

I'm atheist, and I support whatever beliefs people have.

Best Answer

whatever beliefs be careful there miss..their is always a choice..

Best Answer

I'm not here to judge what people believe in. I'm here to live and do my thing, help others when the opportunity comes along.

Best Answer

I'm more bothered by people using the phrase "In the bible it says..." and considering that a valid arguement in a legal conversation.

Best Answer

well in the bible it says "For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth" 2 Corinthians 13:8..
sorry i don't mean to bother you, but the bible which is the word of God is what Christians live on no christian can live and believe without it..thanks for your answer

Best Answer

A religious text cannot be used as a template for a government, especially in a government that guarantees Freedom of and from religion. I agree with restlesssoul when they say "while no Christian can live and believe without it, what they fail to understand is that not everyone believes in it." That's why this book cannot be used in a legal arguement. It'd be like me using Cat in the Hat to say that children need competent parents and quoting it in my oral arguement.

Best Answer

Maybe they don't like what God stands for and often say that the bible is full of hypocritical stories.

Best Answer

The true God stands for love..may be they don't believe in love.

Best Answer

I agree God is love but sometimes evil the bible gets to me. It's a hard book to read.

Best Answer

Same reason Believers are bothered by atheists NOT believing in God. Opposing, strongly held, philosophies.

Best Answer

which is?

Best Answer

Opposing, strongly held philosophies (it was only two lines to read!) - and everyone thinks they're right.

Best Answer

I'm a Humanist (don't believe in any God so classed as aethiest) and I'm not bothered by people who believe in God. I am bothered when I see people crippled with guilt, self-loathing, fear and oppression in the name of an apparently loving and forgiving God. It's nice to have faith, even if I dont have any myself, but when you see it ruin people's lives or when they try to force it onto you then it gets bothersome.

Best Answer

I believe in Jesus Christ, thanks for your answer

Best Answer

Same reason why religious people are bothered by people that don't believe in God...

Best Answer

which is?
thanks for your answer

Best Answer

I don't hate people who believe in God...I dislike people who are too stupid to realize just because they believe something to be true doesn't make it fact and that they have NO right to force others to live and believe the same way. I dislike people who are so full of hate for another human they think they should be denied certain rights. I dislike people who use religion as an excuse to bully others and hide behind the Bible rather than admit they are full of hatred for everyone and everything that they deem "wrong"...whether it's wrong or not is a matter of opinion. Plenty of people who believe in God are not the horrible and cruel, but too many are and those sickening folks who purposefully hurt and harrass others in the name of God are who I have no respect or liking for. (I'm not an atheist, agnostic pagan actually)

Best Answer

i do hate religion but i believe Jesus Christ..
thanks for your answer

Best Answer

Atheists are bothered by people believing in God on a regular basis.<br />
They,..the "christians" take many forms..<br />
Theres the door-knockers..<br />
The street pushers..<br />
The back-seat preachers..<br />
Religious ravers who write to the papers..<br />
Partners who demand religious conformity..<br />
Schools that are religious..<br />
The tax breaks that religion gets just for saying they believe in God..plus the hypocrisy which is also tax-free..<br />
Then theres the internet missionaries..<br />
The "free" surf movie,.where they lock all doors and its all about God.<br />
The ads on TV..The preaching on TV..<br />
The moralising priest on TV...The not-so-moral priest on TV..<br />
Sometimes it really can be a bother.

Best Answer

why should it be, if it's all a lie..
i will not defend myself against a lie someone is telling, why bother myself..but if the truth lingers in my heart, i will defend myself against it..but the truth wont change...it will always be the truth either i believe it or not..but i will always be bothered by those who believe in it..

Best Answer

Here is the "catch phrase" again "i will not defend myself against a lie someone is telling,"...if you REALLY believe it to be a LIE; why are you perceiving it as BEING against you. This statement puts up a boundary to keep out logical and free thought. Really. If you JUDGE it to be a LIE, then you have CLOSED YOUR MIND to truth. If you THINK about it, you might be able to see that there are things that you believe, that YOU WANT to believe that are not necessarily true.

Best Answer

Nope. I am only bothered by public ex<x>pressions of such superstitious belief. The fr<x>amers of our constitution recognized that after the religious abuses in Europe and in some colonies, we needed freedom FROM religion. People may practice what they want, but the public sphere is secular.

Best Answer

Not freedom from religion freedom OF religion. Meaning you can believe and voice whatever you want in public or in the privacy of your own home. But you cannot do so on someone elses turf. I.E. as a christian i do (or should) have the right to preach on a street corner (no touching or stopping people just speaking and if they choose to listen they may). But if I start going door to door you as an atheist have the right to tell me to get off your property and leave you alone. The same right I have.

Best Answer

I don't think secularism and faith can be mixed can they?, as surely one has to give way?..how can the state tell an individual to obey laws which his/her faith forbids?..ie gay marriage

Best Answer

Our head of state is also the head of the church of England and we're a secular society - so it can be mixed or am I missing something?

Best Answer

Definitely proof of what a sad sad world we live in when "religious belief" can be used as an excuse for harassing others, and treating fellow humans like scum and second class citizens. If only the religious could lift their blinders and truly see what a hte filled horrible place *they* have turned this world into...:(

Best Answer

Nope. Read the biographies and writings of our founding father's. The rights enumerated by our Constitution are meant to protect the minority opinion without encumbering the majority. And, when it came to religion the imposition of religious speech or thought, as with prayer in schools, is prohibited. That is freedom FROM religion, as is the constitutional demand that there shall be no religious test in order to hold public office.
You may speak all you want, but you cannot do things like setting up a display promoting any specific religion on public property or espouse fictions like intelligent design in schools. We need protection from insulting religiousity.

Best Answer

I agree 100% GTR1400...I was shocked when my husband told me he was taught intelligent design in school.(he grew up in the southern US) That kind of pull towards religion and away from actual science is why the US government and society is spiraling downward. Religious need to learn to educate their kids at home on what they believe and stop trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. My parents had no problem getting me to believe just like them growing up without needing the public schools to push religious ideas and opinions on me as well. Plus, there are many many more religions out there than Christianity so if one religious theory about existence is taught then they ALL should be. I'd have less of a problem with schools offering a religious studies course to present those ideas to be discussed if all religions were represented rather than only one being pushed onto the youth

Best Answer

freedom from Religion, i thought America was founded on God, in a small church according to the history..not religion

Best Answer

The same right to preach the gospel anywhere and everywhere you can..thanks for your answer

Best Answer

Cause people always fight the truth and the truth will always be what it i ..the truth

Best Answer

hmmm....

Best Answer

True Christianity is the release of life of God into a human vessel not a religion, I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST, NOT RELIGION, CHRIST = SALVATION, RELIGION=CONDEMNATION..

Best Answer

thanks for your answer

Best Answer

..the problem arises when faith rubs against common law. In the past one could cite conscientious objection as an example ?, and in modern times the case of the UK hoteliers who were prosecuted after they refused a gay couple a double room on the grounds of it offended their moral beliefs. It appears to me that secularism ( whilst perhaps a noble ideal) is increasingly a one way street in which those with faith are constantly being pushed down.

Best Answer

Because of this video.<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtVzj9y-bo

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this..

Best Answer

i dont care what you believe, but when someone tries to push or convince me, i will let them know what i think of it.

Best Answer

ok..thanks for your answer..but i believe in Jesus Christ as my salvation from religious..

Best Answer

because deep down they know they are wrong...

Best Answer

Wrong.

Best Answer

The compassion,love and pity in every man is a seed of God..

Best Answer

Not all of them... Just like not all people who believe in God are bothered by Atheists.

Best Answer

They feel the burdened to tell and teach the truth out of love not religious crap..

Best Answer

That's what you believe but FEELINGS do not make something TRUE. You are prompted "by love" to preach to others, to "share the good news"...WHY??? Because you were told or because you WANT to have a purpose that "is greater" than "just being you?". Why are you burdened? I "used to be" when I was a christian, I "wanted everyone to know the love and peace and joy and FREEDOM" of being a christian. I realize NOW that I was "selling them my delusion"...this is a true statement. It is hard for any christian to think about but I DID IT and I know that others CAN if they are willing. Some thoughts for you to "search your heart" about.

Best Answer

I don't see how that response was in any way related to what I said.

Best Answer

Seriously, Miss--I agree wholeheartedly.

Best Answer

The reason why I get so upset when speaking with religious people Isn't the fact that they believe in a creator. As a reasonable, open minded human being, i am comfortable saying that I don't have THE answer. I believe that anything IS possible. The problem I run into when having the religious debate, is simply how closed minded religious people tend to be. They will not even CONSIDER any possibility other than God. As a rational human I find that very irritating. It is just foolish and ignorant to claim that you know something like this for certain.. its also lazy.. and arrogant. <br />
I'd also like to point something out here.. so many religious people I talk to claim that they are %100 certain that god/ the bible/ heaven/ hell is all REAL. If that is true, and all these people are SURE that its real, why do they continue to sin??? If an all powerful, vengeful creator tells you to do something, wouldn't you just DO IT? I would. But they turn around and say ohh "I'm weak", and something about the devil being the great tempter. But as I understand it, the bible says we all have FREE WILL. Therefore, I don't care if you are weak, YOU (believers) are on a daily basis CHOOSING to go against the word of your God.... Either that or deep down you don't ACTUALLY believe. What do you think?

Best Answer

I DON'T DEBATE MY BELIEVE IN GOD ...THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT

Best Answer

LOL! Why are you so afraid of someone calling into question your belief in god? I think your response is pretty telling in itself.

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

I am atheist, I have no problem with what other people believe as long as they keep it to them selves. I recognize that there are a great many people that get a great deal of comfort from the idea that there is some supreme being guiding their life and looking after them, if that makes their life burdens lighter then I am happy for them. What I do have a problem with is religious fanatics that do things like strap explosives to themselves and blow themselves up in crowded market places or fly planes full of jet fuel into buildings full of innocent people all in the name of some mythical god.

Best Answer

i am a christian, a believer but my God never asked me to kill anyone in his name..thanks for sharing this

Best Answer

I never said you did, I apologize if you took it that way, but at the same time you have to recognize that there are those that use that excuse for mass murder and sadly think that they are obeying some sort of directive from a god.

Best Answer

Would you consider that such individuals are indeed going against the teachings of God?..if so who would do you think would become responsible for the mass murder you speak of, God? or the individual who carried it out?

Best Answer

Your remark assumes that I believe that there is a god, I do not. It is hard for me to imagine that any one individual would undertake such an act in isolation so I place the onus on those who had a hand in guiding them into the frame of mind that allows them to rationalize mass murder. In these cases that would be their religious leaders.

Best Answer

With respect I assume nothing Maple, but you on the other hand are assuming that religious teachers ( Muslim i presume?) instill in individuals the belief that it is gods will to perpetrate mass murder. I'm not saying that does not happen, but am asking, that when it does is it the will of God ? or the free will of mankind to miss represent the teachings of their faith. If you accept my thought pattern and conclude its the latter, does it not follow that both the teacher and the follower are acting in defiance of Gods teachings?

Best Answer

You have the right to think whatever you want as do I. In my view there can not be any directive from any god because gods do not exist. I did not say Muslims however they seem to be in the forefront at this time as other religions have been in the past. Since the individual could not get the idea that martyrdom and mas murder is a good idea from a god, then they must have gotten that idea from their religious teachers. And don't try to tell me that religious teachers and leaders don't preach hate, just listen to a sermon from Reverend Jeremiah Wright or Louis Farrakhan .

Best Answer

That's a lie, but okay.

Best Answer

@ scoobydoo22, Yes all people including Atheist such as myself have the right to say what they believe, Unfortunately many of the religious would deny that right to those that don't follow their particular brand of insanity.
And just to clarify I didn't say that Jeremiah Wright or Louis Farrakhan didn't have a right to say what they do, I just said it is hate speech and it is.

Best Answer

Why are Christians bothered by people not believing in God?<br />
also<br />
Why are Christians bothered by people who believe in other things including God?

Best Answer

well we Christians are bothered because God commissioned every Christians led by his spirit to preach and tell of his salvation to mankind..

Best Answer

Well did God say shove views down others throats? You really honestly think he meant it that way.

Best Answer

The bible also commands you to pray in silence to yourself and bother no others. What happened Daniel? It sounds like you're picking and choosing what you want to hear from your bible, am I right?

Best Answer

They don't read the bible. So how do they know? And if some do they read with a closed, negative mind instead of a positive, open minded one.

Best Answer

They shut their mind but the truth lingers in their heart and their soul feels empty of what they don't even believe..

Best Answer

Exactly, many of the chapters I have read so far are filled with God's love for us.

Best Answer

Why are christians/theists so bothered by someone who claims that they DON'T believe as they do???? I think that is the more appropriate question. <br />
I USED TO BE a christian; I am bothered by HOW I WAS DECEIVED. I know that many do not want to come out of their comfort zone/their christian box in order to THINK through WHY they believe what they believe; it is easily and more self-elevating and justifying to say that "Atheists are bothered by the truth"...<br />
actually Atheists are REALLY BOTHERED BY DELUSION AND MYTH masquerading as truth...

Best Answer

What is delusion and what is Myth, you were once a religious person not a christian, sorry to say..comfort zone belongs to those who choose not to believe not those who believe..
thanks for your comment

Best Answer

I was VERY much a christian; more so a christian than you or any "good christian" can be...I was NOT religious in an intentional sense; but in a "default" of "being a christian. Definitions: Delusion is believing something that is "not necessarily so" and MYTH is a "nice story" that we want to believe is true; but is not.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but how can anyone possibly argue that the comfort zone belongs to those who do NOT believe? If everything theists claim is true, then you guys just have the golden ticket, don't you? Even if you live your life as an utter a**hole, you still get rewarded in the end as long as you "accept christ into your heart".. that sounds pretty comforting, doesn't it. On the other hand, as a realist: there are no guarantees. But the two likely possibilities are that A) I live, I die, it's over and my life never really MEANT anything. or B) I was WRONG, there is a God, and I am going to burn in hell forever, even tho I was a pretty decent human being.. Please explain where the comfort zone is there.

Best Answer