I am a parent and have a huge problem with a teen talking with a complete stranger-I think it is disturbing that EP even allows teens on-was not always like this-EP use to be 18+. I find it disturbing-I watch my kid like a hawk-the only adults she talks to are family members and in school. So to answer your question: PHUCK NO!

Best Answer

it wouldnt be a deterrent if they didnt allow it...it just would mean WE wouldn't know they were kids cuz they'd lie about their age (and trust me, ALL of them do online...you can't do anything without having parent's approval or lying...which is easier? which do you have no chance of being told 'no' to?)

Best Answer

I understand that, but at least it sends a message-18+ years. It is up to parents to watch them-there are was to watch them. I am just saying do not encourage them.

Best Answer

I am not a parent, but if I was, there would be no way in hell that would be going on. I don't care!!! My mom was very strict with me when I was young and it annoyed me then, but now I realized her over protectedness allowed me to enjoy the only childhood I would ever had. There will be plenty of time for creepy, older, married men to perv on her online, when she's all grown up and legally able to make her own decisions. She should be going to sleepover parties with her friends and talking about boys in her class at this age. *sigh* we were so innocent than, even the boys!!!!

Best Answer

Great to see you recall Discipline helps.. But I only wonder why we all realize it only later...

Best Answer

Absolutely not, if you allow this, You are asking for trouble. I<br />
raised daughter of my own and I would not allow this.

Best Answer

Does he know how old she is?? Anyway, no ... I don't believe there is anything in a friendship between a 23 year old guy and a 15 year old girl that could be appropriate ... but handle with care. If she is determined she will continue her friendship with him behind your back.

Best Answer

she's not my daughter its my husband talking to the girl my next question should i find a way to contact her parents to let them know whats going on?

Best Answer

ah ... so ... it's not the guy you are concerned about? it's the girl?
Well ... in that case, yes ... if you can contact her parents I would tell them.

Best Answer

correct ive been the young girl talking to older men and i realize how vulnerable i was and I dont want her to go through that it could possibly ruin her life for a bit

Best Answer

well she is the one who needs protecting ...

Best Answer

exactly thanks to modern technology i hope to be able to contact her parents very soon

Best Answer

I'd worry, I'd monitor it, but it would depend on the circumstances.

Best Answer

no..the age difference is ok, but just not at 15. trust me no matter how mature you think you are, you arent at that age...sorry. so while the girl is 15, no. but when shes about 18 (or older) and hes 26 than no problem :) at that age they are just too different, the girl isn't mentaly and spiritually developed yet.

Best Answer

I don't have a daughter but I was 23 once and I can tell you I would have had zero interest in a 15 year old girl. Only a creep would.

Best Answer

hell no my daughter gets no internet till shes 30,the same age shes aloud to date

Best Answer

If it was a female would you worry? She's growing up, at some point you have to accept that she can have adult friendships and conversations. Even with males.

Best Answer

yes i would still be like wth he's 15 your 23 its gross on both levels

Best Answer

and as far as growing up goes she's still 15 what on earth could her and 23 yr old be talking about..

Best Answer

Put those parental controls in business Mom while you still have a 15yr old daughter at home.

Best Answer

im not the mother its a really strange situation....it's my husband talking to the girl and the proper steps have been put in place for him to understand this is illegal and shouldnt be done...

Best Answer

You mean you have reported him to the police?Why are you still with him and please don't say"because I love him" that is not a reason.

Best Answer

You mean by proper steps you reported him to the police? and moved out? There is no good to come from this relationship he has with the girl.It will only lead to pain and heartache for you and her. Don't let him do this to you.Make him stop or leave.

Best Answer

yes its become a federal investigation because he's a marine and she wasnt the only one just the only one i know he's still talking to cause ive seen the texts pop up on his phone and trust me there is not a strong enough love in this world i am only still living in his house because i have no where else to go which will soon change because i start a new job tomorrow and will have my own income again

Best Answer

I know it doesn't mean much but I am proud of you for doing the right thing.Thankyou .

Best Answer

Your welcome I'm just trying to do whatever I can however small the impact to make things better for the generations coming up to have education and knowledge so they can avoid things on how i grew up

Best Answer

he sounds like a predatory type to me

Best Answer

Nope, no way. I don't know that I'd let my 15 year old have access to social media sites period. I'm thinking 17, and that is a huge MAYBE. It would depend on who my daughter is at that age. Some kids most definitely should not be on these sites.

Best Answer

Hell no. Married no matter what his age is the first thing, don't know why you put that last. My daughter is on line facebook/blackberry but for now THANKYOU GOD, she does come to me and tell me who such and such is. They are all friends from school. and people she knows in real life. Peer group chats please. What is that man after? One thing, dirty sod.

Best Answer