I'm not planning on doing it, I'm just curious
Moran1988 Moran1988 18-21, M 9 Answers May 31, 2009

Kangaroos are wild..not the same as a dog or following commands getting the paper..But I grew up on a farm in the south..We were cattle growers and wheat farmers.. We had 2,000 ha of land. A family farm..when I was a little girl my nan had to rescue baby joeys from the pouches of mothers that had been hit on the road...I remember her having baby humidity cribs for the very small ones and having up to 6 babies jumping around the house in baby nappies..they were very cheeky and naughty and used to break into the pantry and steal cookies and qpricots..they would stay in the house for a few months and she had a yard with 12 foot fences when they were bigger by six or eight months they were big enough to release back to nature....for many years later they would come back to visit the property and let us hand feed them and get quite close..but as for taming no..they get used to you..you can get them used to what time you will see them...but they are pretty cheeky.....good question..your not from these parts are you,,lol...

Best Answer

Haha funny question. I likke it. <br />
Little Skippy!

Best Answer

Ive often wondered are kangaroos considered a pest? i mean they look so cute , where we live in canada we have racoons and marmots and they LOOK cute and cuddly but actually very viscious if cornered. And of course we get bears and cougars they go without saying mean tempered little buggers (ok ok big buggers)

Best Answer

Ditto! and Ditto!<br />
They are not hard to find though,especially with this year's lack of water!!<br />
Off the coast of S.A.,is Kangaroo Island, a wildlife sanctuary<br />
exists called Flinder's Chase where Koalas ,and Kangaroos are free to roam!<br />
C O M E ..A N D H A V E A C A P T A I N C O O K !!

Best Answer

I know this question is a few years old, but I couldn't resist answering it just the same. We had a pet kangaroo. It would hop around after us, but mainly, it like to jump into the pouch we made for it and snooze. It would dive in head first and somersault, a move that used to delight us watching it. My husband also had a pet kangaroo, hand reared. Some native animals do make excellent pets, wombats in particular. But they are wild animals and can be very dangerous, too. A kangaroo can kill you if you threaten it. Mainly for us as kids it was a novelty, and not as interesting or entertaining as a dog, cat or bird.

Best Answer