If you are one or you know one or know about the subject, can you please fill me in...thanks. I am interested in knowing.
Whateverrrrr Whateverrrrr 36-40, F 11 Answers Aug 25, 2012 in Emotional Health

simple version of mild and regular aspergers please? i wanna know too

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

based on documents on my diagnosis, I lean towards borderline/mild Aspergers. While I had some of the traits associated with the disorder, I mostly had traits which may pass off as simply being introverted and isolated or simply shy student. I never had the typical stimming behaviors such as rocking or hand flapping. I was more of a AS individual who tried to contain everything and hide it. However, I could tell that AS is apparent and there when I'm not really able to comfortably integrate with my peers at school and can become immersed with my interests. I've also got this typical, mask like expression and sort of been encouraged (or maybe even criticized) that I should smile more even though I could never smile for the sake of smiling–or to look presentable.

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback

Best Answer

As a teen, especially, I had a hard time looking people in the eyes. It was uncomfortable. I was fixated on very specific things to the exclusion of all else and, in my university life, I so very aced things I was interested in and did poorly in those that I was not. Socially, I was awkward, not understanding cues that normal people are aware of, and still have trouble with that. I had to "learn" how to be social, but that came at a late age, in my 20's.

It has only been in retrospect (all this was before the acceptance of Asperger's as a diagnosis) and with some psychiatric help that I understood things. But, am intelligent enough to know what I was missing and have some regrets and anger about aspects of my lack of social skills.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

Either way, they'd make you a rather unique person

Best Answer

true

Best Answer

Aspergers has a very wide range and everyone with it show very unique characteristics. The diagnoses for it can be very tricky, usually misdiagnosed. You can get alot of information on it by googling it and you would probably get a better understanding as well.

Best Answer

I have been reading lots on it cause I thought maybe I could have been one. I have some symptoms and not all.

Best Answer

My son is super high functioning and intense, but he doesn't have the stereo typical aspergers traits. Robot like mannerisms, incredible focus, cold demeanor, wont meet peoples eyes or the love of machinery, often trains. This is a complicated area, I dont think I could condense it well for you here.

Best Answer

Okay thanks

Best Answer