Anyone who knows me, knows which I prefer. The Stick shift, for obvious reasons. heehee :-D
ManiacalTom ManiacalTom 31-35, M 18 Answers May 2, 2013 in WTK

Stick.

Best Answer

Depends, you want me to drive it, or do something with it that EP's naughty word filter will probably turn into *********

Best Answer

Just drive it. But trust me, I would do the same thing with it. I love the stick. :-D

Best Answer

*weird look*...but...you don't have lady-parts...your a guy.
How are you supposed to......
.....eeeewwww!!!!!
I'm never diving one of your cars ever!!!!!!

Best Answer

Heehee. I don't need lady parts. I could say the same for you.......Yuck, I will never drive one of your cars either. :P

Best Answer

I've mostly owned manual-shift cars my entire life. The couple of cars I've had that have had an automatic, I haven't owned long. I just couldn't get used to them. Kept wanting to push the clutch in to start it. :-/<br />
I have to admit that automatics suck a lot less than they used to. Cars with four-cylinder engines and an automatic in particular used to be real dogs. With 5 or more speeds, computer control, and a lockup torque converter you're not continually wasting power stuck in the wrong gear like you used to be. A lot of the automatics also have a "sport mode" with something like paddle shifters or a "tip" shifter so you can shift manually if you want. Often, the automatic version of a car now has better 0-60mph time and better fuel economy than the manual version because the computer can pick shift points better than a human can.<br />
So for me it's still manual but it's largely out of force of habit.

Best Answer

Old school is the best anyway. :-) Manual it is for me.

Best Answer

I like manuals, too, but the choice isn't really a rational one any more. The cost/benefit analysis for a daily driver now leans in favor of automatics. It's also getting harder and harder to actually find a car with a manual transmission in it, unless you special-order it or you buy something that's considered more-or-less a sports car.

Best Answer

A manual is better on gas. Especially the way I drive it. :-)

Best Answer

manual..(stick)..it's real driving and a testament as to how good you are as a driver.

Best Answer

I honestly don't feel in control of the vehicle unless it is a manual. An automatic is just so restricting, plus I keep looking for the clutch when I drive an automatic. :P

Best Answer

i agree..but automatics are great for eating and driving.

Best Answer

Um.....I drive a manual, can eat, talk, smoke a cigarette, and obey all the rules of the road including signaling when I am turning or changing a lane. Automatics are just for people who can't concentrate. :P

Best Answer

bollocks

Best Answer

manual

Best Answer

awesomeness. I agree. :-)

Best Answer

Both automatic is still faster in some ways but there is a reason shelby GT have six speeds as automatics will not take that much power on the street.

Best Answer

AUTOMATIC.<br />
SA12IED

Best Answer

Automatic. Why bother with unnecessary shifting?

Best Answer

Because you have way more control of the vehicle with a manual. You have the control of how much you damage your brakes, you can go forward while reversing, and you can take off faster and shift faster and use less gas, plus lots more.

Best Answer

Yeah but you're supposed to be focused on the road, not on pushing levers and stuff. That's why it's illegal to talk on the phone while driving, it's distracting.

Best Answer

I am focused on the road. I see most peoples maneuvers before they even happen. I look ahead and plan what lanes to take to zip around everyone judging by their speed waaaaaaay before I even get there. I keep my eyes constantly moving, like they teach you in driver ed. It isn't distracting to me. I shift gears without even thinking about it. It is like riding a bicycle or playing a video game to me. I watch the road, and my body does the rest. I can eat, smoke, talk on the phone, shift gears, and still use my turn signals, go then the light changes, and everything. I push the levers and change the gears all while never taking my eyes off the road. I see things happen before they ever happen. Either I am just the worlds most awesome driver, or people need to try a little harder.

Best Answer

s10 Chevy. 5 speed big whoop. it's a pain in my old ***. and it's flat in Dallas

Best Answer

Automatic.. unless you wanna buy a new clutch and gears :P

Best Answer

Yeah, you can just buy a whole new automatic transmission (which costs more) instead. :P

Best Answer

Just get in the car, woman. Let's go for christ's sake.

Best Answer

Not if it is an automatic. You can just take that and go on. :-)

Best Answer

Automatic. It's been years I drove a stick shift, I bet I have even forgotten how to balance.

Best Answer

I don't know how to drive..

Best Answer